── NURSERY AND NAMES

Monday, October 16, 1966 (9 months into her pregnancy)

☆ミ ROSE

≻───── ⋆✩⋆ ─────≺

≻───── ⋆✩⋆ ─────≺

    A MONTH. A month went by, and it was the remaining days of my long tiring pregnancy. But one thing needed to be done and that was names and the nursery but the thought of doing that without the person I wanted to do all of this with wasn't here. He was hardly at the Curtis home and never came to mine. I was coming to the conclusion that he didn't care anymore, and I should give up.

The day was slow and now it was Monday. All day I had been feeling weird but knew that could be to the fact that I was almost going into labor. The thought of labor terrified me that's for sure, and the pain was nothing I ever wanted to experience. But here I was being 17 about to give birth to twins.

"We don't know the genders yet, so we can't paint the walls!" I exclaimed examining what the others were doing with the empty extra room we had in my house. It was a special moment, and I was worried it wouldn't turn out how I wanted it to look.

"Oh, come on Rose. How about yellow?" Mary questioned, but the only thing I could do was nod. It wasn't as thrilling as I had planned it to be. It was almost quite boring something about it didn't feel right and that's a very sucky feeling knowing that my twins were coming any day now.

"Please cheer up! Come on Rose how about we discuss some names!" Aunt Jennifer piped in with a big smile on her face. I sighed but agreed and knew I couldn't be mean to her. It wasn't their fault Dally didn't love me.

"If it's a girl, I say you call it Hazel." Hazel winked causing me to laugh for the first time today. She grinned seeing my reaction and continued to paint.

"I don't think that would be very great." I chuckled and watched as they painted. It was strange realizing that any minute my twins would be born. It was chilling, and the doctor had explained the serious pain I would be going through. It scared me a lot but what worried me the most was the part after the entire labor process. Would Dally even fulfill his promises of helping me? Dal wasn't what I would call a promising person and he happened to change his mind like an off and on switch. It was crazy and very stressful.

"Earth to Rose. I gave another recommendation on a name. How about John." Mary suggested practically making me burst out into laughter. The name was basic and ordinary something I did not want.

"Thanks for the suggestion but I don't know. I don't even know the genders yet." I explained sort of smiling a bit.

"Just think about it. Will ya?" Hazel laughed proceeding to paint the walls. I nodded my head and heard the telephone phone begin to ring downstairs.