── LIES

Monday, July 18, 1966 (6 months into her pregnancy)

☆ミ ROSE

≻───── ⋆✩⋆ ─────≺

≻───── ⋆✩⋆ ─────≺

"ISN'T GETTING KISSED by Dallas Winston a good thing or am I missing something?" Hazel said laughing with Mary. We were currently at the store shopping for basic baby necessities and I had finally brought up the kiss I had shared with Dal.

"Not when he always gives mixed signals. Since the fourth of July, I've only seen him once, and the gang won't tell me where he is." I sighed as I placed an item in my cart. I was worried thinking he can be in trouble.

"Well, why don't you just demand answers? You deserve to know where the father of your twins is. But at the same time, you should think Rose. Dal has done this before and turned up fine are you sure it's just nothing like always." She clarified as we proceeded to push the cart. I knew she was right Dal did have the reputation to just get up and leave and return like nothing. It was something very ordinary for him but something didn't seem right this time.

"No, I just have a feeling. The way the gang behaved when I brought it up was suspicious like they were hiding something." I thought of about any probable place where Dal can be but nothing came to mind.

"How about we stop by? It's mighty close by here and explain to them we won't leave unless they confess his actual whereabouts." Mary suggested her idea which was a helpful one too.

"That sounds amazing. I need to know today or else I'm going to be stressing on it all night." I replied before ditching the groceries and hurried to my car. I was scared on the way there thinking about the horrible things that could have happened to him. I didn't need any more bad in my life especially being pregnant and practically close to going into labor.

"Alright, we're here. And remind me not to say anything to Soda. I have no words for him right now." Mary muttered parking the car around the Curtis House before the three of us got out. I knocked on the door anxious for what could go on once this discussion began.

"Rose, Mary, and Hazel? What are y'all doing here? It's almost 8." Ponyboy said appearing confused by our sudden arrival. We always called before heading over, so I knew this was a bit of a surprise for them.

"We have an important question that we need an immediate answer to. Now can we please come in?" Mary inquired. Ponyboy still didn't seem to know what was happening but opened the door to let us come in. I recognized once I walked in that only Darry, Pony, and Soda was here.

"So what's the question? It's really late right now to be only asking one question so it has to be important." Darry questioned his hands on his hips. I noticed Soda staring right at me in the corner of my eye but didn't care to meet his gaze since he hurt my cousin.