── DALLY

Continued from last chapter...

☆ミ ROSE

≻───── ⋆✩⋆ ─────≺

≻───── ⋆✩⋆ ─────≺

   AS I PULLED in I saw a familiar truck that's when I realized it was the gang with Hazel?! Why were they here? I hadn't told anyone other than Hazel of my whereabouts. That's when everything connected from her reaction being suspicious earlier to my notebook to had suddenly gone missing. She couldn't have told them she just wouldn't. Hazel was no snitch and would never share a secret I trusted her so much with especially to the gang.

"W-What are y'all doing here?" I stepped out of my car crossing my arms. They all had gotten out of their truck and stood there looking directly at me except for Hazel. I knew how she was when she felt guilty and that's when I placed the pieces together and knew she without a doubt had told them. I felt myself start to panic. She couldn't have told Dally right? I wasn't planning on telling him about this pregnancy at all.

"Rose, I know you're frightened right now but you can trust us. Were here to help you and Hazel told us everything and don't get mad at her because she only did it because she cares." Darry began to walk to me but I slowly backed away holding back my tears. As much as I knew Hazel had only done this because she wanted to help it just didn't sit right with me. I had advised her numerous times that this was my choice, not hers to make and it hurt knowing she had not listened.

"No Hazel! You swore to me that you would not tell them about my pregnancy. And I truly valued you all for attempting to help persuade me not to get this abortion but it's not going to do I'm so sorry." I shouted earning some stares from this very rough area. The gang was shocked I'm reckoning this was because I had practically confirmed this pregnancy.

"So you are pregnant with a real baby?" Two-Bit asked looking extremely stunned. I nodded my head and they all had varied reactions. Two-Bit was angry I knew this because of the way he clenched in his fists, Steve just was plainly lost, Ponyboy was silent and was glaring away from me, Johnny looked sorry, Darry seemed disappointed, Soda telling from the look on his face he was upset with me, Hazel was wiping her tears as Johnny held her against his chest, and Dally he was a mix of furious and shocked.

"I'm sorry but I should go in." I gave them a saddened look before attempting to step inside the building.

"Who's the father? Was it Randy?! Please Rose tell us who it is." Soda pleaded approaching me clasping on to my shoulder. I glanced at Dally and looked back at Soda who suddenly seemed to connect the dots. He stepped away from me and placed his hand through his dark greasy hair.

"It's Dally's isn't it? All this time I had thought it was Randy but it all makes sense now that night at New Year's you had vanished along with Dal. It's Dally's baby." Soda stated to the gang with his back turned away from me. I held in my tears and couldn't even carry myself to look at them primarily Dally. But then I did and saw that all of them peered at Dal who had frozen in place hearing Soda explain this.

"Oh come on he's woofin'! Rose would never sleep with Dal and Dal always swears not to sleep with broads close to the gang." Two-Bit chuckled which had Steve agreeing. Dal scowled at him and then afterward made his stare to me where he seemed infuriated.

"No, he's completely right. Dal and I did do something very bad and irrational that night and that's why I need this abortion so I won't wreck not only my life but Dally's so, please let me go." I cried which had caused all of them to go speechless.

"Oh come on man she has to be lying. She could have been with Randy for all we know. Y'all gonna believe little miss rich girl soc'. I thought we didn't mess with no soc girls. Yeah, I did spend one night with her but she's been Randy long before me" He explained still sitting on the back of the truck. I was sickened by how horrible he tried to make me seem. I wanted to rush up to him and punch him right in the nose but I controlled myself.

"No, Dally that's not true at all because you were the only person I've positively ever done anything with but you wouldn't know that would you." I flipped him off and dabbed away my tears and began to walk inside the building once again. This was it I was going to get an abortion and nobody could tell me otherwise no matter how much it pained me. I wished for the words from Dally saying "wait don't do it!" but this was Dallas Winston we are speaking of so that of course would never occur.

"Rose I know you have made your choice but please just think about what mom said when we were small girls. She wanted to be a grandmother Rose she wanted to see us become mothers. Don't you recall?" I froze clenching on to the handle of the door. I had remembered and thought about my mother's longing of seeing us grow up to become mothers. I nodded my head and rather of running back into her arms I walked right inside and waited until my name was called for the procedure to begin.

After a lengthy 15 minutes, my name was eventually called and I waited inside an empty room waiting for the person to do this abortion. As I sat on the uncomfortable bed I thought about my mother's words into further depth. I remember her distinctly telling us how she loved being a mother and we had been her pride and joy and that would always remain that way. I adored my mother she had been such a beautiful woman who had happened to be wise. I missed her every day and wished to make her happy. Unexpectedly I bolted from the room not even thinking and scrambled to my car. I couldn't go through with I just couldn't it was too difficult. This was all real I was going to become a mother.

I made it home and rushed upstairs into my sister's room and saw that she had been collapsed on her bed with tear stains. She looked up at me and instantly sat up.

"I couldn't do it. After you told me about mom it had me thinking. I don't know if I'll be able to keep this baby but I do know that I want this child to be born no matter what." I sobbed which made her embrace me tightly into her arms. I continued to cry which she didn't seem to mind. I was so grateful to have such an amazing sister who cares deeply for me.  

"I'm so sorry for telling the gang. That wasn't my responsibility to do." she mumbled as she too had been crying. I pulled away and placed my hands on her shoulder and wiped away her tears and stared at her. I hated seeing my sister cry it broke my heart. 

"No, you did something entirely brave and I wouldn't have been able to do it myself so thank you. And I'm sorry I shouldn't have been angry at you earlier." she smiled sweetly and nodded her head and we both laid together in her bed as we both hugged each other. She had chosen to play a Beatles song since that had been mother's favorite music. We both cried as we hadn't played this music since mother's passing for the reason that it reminded us of her. She was the main reason I hadn't done the abortion. 

"I got a name suggestion." she giggled facing me.

"What is it?" I inquired as I still had tears running down my eyes but I however held a smile hearing my sister.

"You should name the baby Dallas," she said with a straight face which immediately has us both begin to crack up so heavily.

"Horrible suggestion. I will not be doing that."  I beamed wiping away my tears. She nodded her head agreeing with me and soon enough she fell asleep right then and there. I laid there thinking about Dally. He didn't seem to believe me and I didn't know why but it had broken my heart. Even after all that I knew I couldn't hate him. It was almost damn near impossible to hate Dallas Winston.