── BIRTHDAY WISHES

Thursday, March 31, 1966 (About twelve weeks into her pregnancy)

☆ミ ROSE

≻───── ⋆✩⋆ ─────≺

≻───── ⋆✩⋆ ─────≺

   "COME ON YOU look so pretty in this dress," Mary exclaimed as she helped with my dress. It had been almost two weeks since my father's funeral and today was my 17th birthday something I had wanted to celebrate with him and even my mother but now they were both gone forever. I haven't been doing amazing since my father's death I tried going back to school but I just couldn't handle it and my aunt decided to let us go back once we felt calm to do so. My aunt had moved in the day after my father's funeral along with my cousin Mary. I ended up admitting to Mary that I was pregnant but didn't reveal to her the dad since I wasn't entirely ready to do so. The gang has also been calling me and assisting me with anything I need since Hazel told them if I worried too much it could cause something called a miscarriage.

I hadn't told my aunt Jennifer and told Mary not to tell her. I wanted to inform her on my own and didn't want to cause more unnecessary mayhem. She agreed to and now sadly she pressured me into having a birthday party. I had told her one thing and that was that I wanted the gang to all to come and join. Just like her mother, she didn't care about reputation around here in Tulsa because she once had been poor and was glad to invite them.

She was very interested to meet the gang since I had described them but one thing she didn't realize was that Dal was the dad of the twins. I wanted to tell her, but I didn't know what her reaction would be. Again I knew she perhaps would not care but how would I explain that I had been stupid enough to spend a night with someone who didn't care about any broad or anything at all.

"I don't know. I don't believe this dress is made for me. It would have looked spectacular 3 months ago when I was skinny not all round."I sat on the bed as her bouncy brown curls moved into place as she stood to look at me with her gentle-looking hazel eyes. She was gorgeous and not to mention her unbelievable personality that seemed to attract people from the minute she spoke.

"Just like Mary said I think it looks extraordinary. You need to stop being so insecure about your body, of course, you're gonna gain a few pounds. You're pregnant with twins remember? "  Hazel giggled stepping into my bedroom. She was well dressed for the party and even did her hair. It was startling but she looked wonderful as well. I was slightly envious of their looks since I felt fairly ugly by the way I appeared right now.

"Yes, but keep your voice down. I don't want Jennifer to hear I don't think I'm ready to tell her. I mean I don't even know if I'm keeping it yet."I mumbled at both of them which caused Mary to cock an eyebrow.

"Is it because the father won't be there to help support them? The father who you haven't revealed his identity to me yet."I nodded my head and looked over at Hazel. I needed to tell Mary but again I was afraid of her response.