── FINAL DECISIONS

Sunday, May 1, 1966 (About seventeen weeks pregnant)

☆ミ ROSE

≻───── ⋆✩⋆ ─────≺

≻───── ⋆✩⋆ ─────≺

   THESE PAST WEEKS have been extremely confusing. After being checked out of the hospital I did not attend school which is causing my grades to drop. The next thing was that Cherry and I are slowly becoming friends again but I don't entirely trust her after everything she's done but I did appreciate her helping me. Randy, Bob, and Marcia are going to have a trial in a couple of weeks to determine if they are guilty or not. I was really hoping they would be convicted and was scared about that. With the gang, it has been good we all hang out when we can, and now that my stomach has grown they love to crack jokes particularly Two-Bit. With Dal, he was still very stubborn, and he had been a lot kinder to me however still will always want to maintain his bad-boy image.

We were currently at the Curtis Home all hanging out. My aunt Jennifer has been helpful to the gang even providing groceries and cooking appetizing meals. I was glad to see everyone getting along no matter what our reps were and all that. I sat on the couch as I watched Two-Bit and Steve arm wrestling on the ground it was entertaining but also strange. Johnny and Hazel were in the corner whispering to each other about something we couldn't quite hear. They weren't together at least that's what they said when we picked fun at their cute little relationship. Soda and Mary sat next to each other talking about the DX lately they had begun to become a lot closer but I still felt as if Soda still liked me since he always had a look of jealousy when Dal talked or was near me in any way. Ponyboy was reading a book like always and then Dal who sat next to me was also watching the arm wrestling.

"So Rose what are you going to do about school? Aren't you a junior?"Darry questioned as he stepped into the living room. Everyone soon stopped what they were doing and turned to face me. I knew Darry didn't mean to make me feel as if I'm being interrogated by some cops but it felt like I was in that situation. I hadn't known what I would do about school since I wasn't sure if I was keeping the twins yet.

"Yes, I am a junior. And to be truthful I'm not sure."I nervously began to pick at my nails as the awful silence was too much to handle. I didn't want to be judged for my choice. If I did keep the twins, I would have to give up a lot including my dreams of going to college but if I gave them away to a nice family I would still have the opportunity to go to college and get a degree and the job I desired.

"You are keeping the twins, right?" Johnny asked with both of his eyebrows raised up while he and the others kept their gaze on me. I glanced over at Dal and again I saw that look where he happened to be irritated by this conversation. I always felt guilty because somewhere in me wanted to keep them more than anything else in the world but seeing Dal I knew he didn't want this. He was so young, so I understood that he didn't want to be responsible over two newborns. He was the life of the party he liked drinking and smoking and that doesn't precisely fit being a father.