── PREGNANT AT SIXTEEN?

(AN: I know this chapter on some of the medical terms might not be accurate but I'm not an expert and I've tried my best to research thank you! And the math kind of off )

Tuesday, January 25, 1966

☆ミ ROSE

≻───── ⋆✩⋆ ─────≺

≻───── ⋆✩⋆ ─────≺

    "YOU CAN'T GO to school like this Rose. You just can't you've been puking so much these days like crazy. You need to see a doctor." Hazel declared as she pulled back my hair as I kneeled against the toilet after I had puked.

"You don't understand I need to go if I don't my grades will decline and you know I have to have decent grades to be able to go to college." I pulled back my hair and went to the sink staring at my face which looked slightly pale. I gargled the mouthwash in my mouth and cleaned myself up before facing Hazel.

"You're right but only for today savvy? I can't be missing school I got exams coming up." she nodded her head and helped me get tucked into bed. She told me she would catch a bus and instructed me to sleep some more before going to a clinic to treat this sickness as quickly as possible. I soon fell asleep waking up about 2 hours later to hear the house to be completely silent which meant my father had left.

I had gotten myself prepared before going down to the kitchen where every food insight made me nauseous. I chose to only eat a banana before heading into my car and driving to a nearby clinic. I checked in and waited for the doctor to call out for me. I felt sick and I was starting to get anxious that this was more severe than I thought.

"Rose Anderson" I looked up and saw the doctor. I had known her since I was young and it had been a while since the last time I've seen her. I smiled before grabbing my purse and walking along with her to a room.

"So, I've heard you've been feeling sick can you please give me the symptoms you've been experiencing this past few weeks?" she asked holding a clipboard and pen. I thought about the many symptoms I've had and began to list them off.

"Well, it's been headaches, nauseousness, mood swings, and the most persistent is the puking," I told her which made her scribble down notes in her clipboard.

"When does the puking generally occur?" She inquired. I thought and realized it had been only in the mornings which was weird as I look back at it.

"I would say mornings for the most part. Other than that I only get nauseous around some food." she nodded her head carefully jotting down every word I spoke.

"What about your period? Have you gotten it as you routinely do?" she asked which right away made me realize that I had not gotten my period. My period always came regularly sure there was a couple of times when it came about a few days late but this time it had been two weeks.