Chapter 3: The Southern AirTemple

A beautiful sunrise peaks above some cliffs. The beams of the morning sun reflects on the water, bathing the whole scene in yellow light. The group of four have made a camp on the shore. Appa is seen chewing on some grass while the smoke of the campfire rises to the sky. Sokka is lying in a blue sleeping bag next to the fire. Faith is by the sea collecting some water in four different containers. Aang sits on the bisons head, checking the knots that tie the reins to Appa's horns. Katara is sitting on the saddle, fiddling with their luggage.

Aang: (Excitedly.) Wait 'til you see it, Katara! The Air Temple is one of the most beautiful places in the world.

Katara: (Cautiously.) Aang, I know you're excited. (She turns around to face him.) but it's been a hundred years since you've been home.

Aang: (Smiling broadly.) That's why I'm excited.

Katara: (Cautiously.) It's just that... a lot can change in all that time.

Aang: (Happily.) I know, but I need to see it for myself.

Faith finishes filling the containers and she gently shuts the lid on the last one she fills. She sighs and looks into the water. She closes her eyes and begins to think about someone. She starts to picture a large bison, the bison had a large blue arrow and light brown fur. A figure walks from behind the bison, it reveals itself to be a tall older Male with big blue eyes and a wide smile. He has the same exact blue arrow on his forehead and arms. He walks over to where Faith is standing and he places a hand on her cheek. He smiles brightly and begins to walk away standing next to the bison. The bison starts to lick Faith to death and stops when a sudden voice brings her back to reality.

Aang: Faith? Faithhhh? Faith! (He yells.)

Faith: (Shakes her head and stands up looking behind her.) Yes? (Rubs back of her head.)

Aang: Let's go we are all ready. (Signalling her to Appa.)

Faith: Alright. (Starts walking towards Appa and uses her AirBending to fly on top of the saddle placing down the water containers besides Katara.)

Faith sits down as Aang whips the reins and tells Appa to "yip-yip." Appa flies of into the air leaving Faith looking over the side of the saddle and sighing. She crosses her arms and leans on the side of the saddle. Aang turns around and smiles at Faith, his smile soon fades into a worried look. As he was about to open his mouth to talk to her Katara shakes her head signalling Aang to not say anything right now, as she can clearly see that Faith is hurting badly.

————————————————————————

Appa flies above the clouds in the Patola Mountain Range. Faith is sat next to Aang with her eyes shut as Aang just hugs her comfortingly. Sokka clutches his stomach as it growls. His face has a look of dismay all over it.

Sokka: (Annoyed.) Hey, stomach? Be quiet, alright? I'm trying to find us some food.

Sokka starts to go through the luggage and gets out a bag. He looks at it for a moment while it sways in the wind. With his tongue out of his mouth full anticipation, he sticks his hand in the bag and starts to go through it. He looks surprised for a moment, but quickly and with anticipation turns the bag upside down to pour the contents into his hand. Only a few crumbs of blubbered seal jerky fall into his hand.

Sokka: (Accusingly looking at the three of them.) Hey! Who ate all of my blubbered seal jerky?!

Aang: (Surprised.) Oh. That was food? (Happily.) I used it to start the campfire last night. (He smiles sorrowfully, Faith laughs as she sits up taking her head off of Aang's shoulder.) Sorry.