Chapter 3: Return to Omashu

The Earth Kingdom city of Omashu has been captured by the Fire Nation. A bold red flag bearing the Fire Nation insignia is proudly hung; gray plumes of smoke fill the air surrounding the fallen city.

Aang: (Viewing the city; in a somewhat shocked tone.) I can't believe it. I know the War has spread far, (Sadly.) but Omashu always seemed... untouchable.

Sokka: Up until now it was. (Crosses arms over chest.) Now Ba Sing Se is the only great Earth Kingdom stronghold left.

Katara: (The whole group is on the cliffside overlooking the city.) This is horrible, (Approaches Aang And Faith.) but we have to move on.

Aang: No, I'm going in to find Bumi.

Sokka: Aang, stop. We don't even know if Bumi's still...

Aang: (Angrily.) What? If he's still what?

Sokka: (Unsurely.) A-around.

Faith: (Growls a little.) Bumi wouldn't go out like this! (She walks away from the group and over to Appa.)

Katara: I know you had your heart set on Bumi, but there are other people who can teach you earthbending.

Aang: This isn't about finding a teacher. This is about finding my friend.

Scene changes to below Omashu's gate where Aang is attempting to open the entrance to a secret tunnel.

Sokka: A secret passage? Why didn't we just use this last time?

Aang opens the tunnel, revealing it to be filled with sewage.

Sokka: Ugh!

Aang: That answer your question?

Sokka: Eww!

The group proceeds through the tunnel to the inside of Omashu. Aang conjures an air ball with his staff to clear the path while Katara uses waterbending to maneuver the sewage carefully around her. Sokka, on the other hand, is continually soaked in the foul substance. Faith is using AirBending to conjure a air shield to protect her from the sewage.

Katara: That wasn't as bad as I thought.

Sokka emerges covered in slime. Katara spots water nearby and splashes Sokka with it using waterbending to wash off the sewage followed by Aang who uses airbending to dry him off while he screams which reveals that three pentapi have attached themselves to his skin.

Sokka: (In a panicking tone while trying to yank the pentapox off.) Ahh! They won't let go! Help!

Aang: (Quickly tackles Sokka into a wall in order to slience him; in a somewhat cheerful tone.) Shh! Stop making so much noise. It's just a purple pentapus.

Sokka looks at the pentapuses in fear. Faith runs over and removes the first pentapus by lightly rubbing its head as Sokka watches. Sokka rubs the spot where the creature was attached, and does the same procedure to get the second one off. Several guards suddenly approach them as Aang takes the third one off.

Guard one: Hey! What are you kids doing out past curfew?

Katara: Sorry. We were just on our way home.

The kids turn and walk away, Sokka bringing up the rear. The guard notices the red welts on the back of Sokka's neck.

Guard one: (Notices the spots where the pentapus was attached to Sokka.) Wait, what's the matter with him?

Katara: Uh, he has pentapox, sir. (As he approaches.) Umm, it's highly contagious.

Sokka: (Exaggerating.) Oh, it's so awful. I'm dying.