Chapter 20: The Siege Of The North Part 2

The chapter opens up to Aang who is sitting in a meditating position on a small wooden platform in an unknown location in the Spirit World, Faith is pacing behind him while biting her thumb; clearly nervous. Around him is a mystical swamp dotted with trees. A large white bird of some sort flies past. As the bird flies over the two; Aang stands and begins wandering about. Theres a figure in the distance sitting beneath a simple wooden entranceway. The figure can be heard uttering the sound "Ohm". Aang turns his head in the direction of the sound and begins making his way toward the figure. Faith quickly jogs after him walking besides Aang. The figure is a monkey-like creature, The duo approach him.

Aang: Hello? I'm sorry to disturb you. I just really need to find the Moon and the Ocean Spirits.

Baboon spirit: Go. Away. (Opens one eye.)

Aang: Yes, I need-

Baboon spirit: (His eyes tighten. Louder, trying to distract himself.) Ohm!

Faith: (Angrily.) I need to know where the ocean and moon spirits are!

Baboon Spirit: (A firefly flies past; points at the insect.) Perhaps that thing will help you. Chase it. (Faith and Aang run after it. The mystical monkey keeps his eyes shut for a second more before opening one to confirm the two's departure. He shakes his head and breathes a sigh of relief.) Finally.

Faith and Aang chase the insect throughout the swamp and up a tree. Aang leaps up and manages to grasp hold of it and is delighted in doing so. He lands on a tree branch which instantly shrivels up and disappears entirely, causing him to fall. He begins falling into the water. Faith tries to run over to him but is too late. Aang is shown lying on his back in the water, the firefly having escaped his grip. It flies away as he tries to reach it again.

Aang: Come back!

He stands up. He looks down at the water, when Roku suddenly appears before Aang in a reflection in the water.

Roku: Hello, Aang.

Aang: (Looking at him; surprised.) Roku!

Faith: (Runs besides Aang.) Avatar Roku!

Aang starts speaking with Roku.

Aang: Roku, the Water Tribe's under attack. I need to find the Ocean and the Moon Spirits.

Roku: (Pops out of the reflection in front of Aang.) The Ocean and the Moon are ancient spirits. They crossed over the Spirit World to the mortal world very near the beginning. There is only one spirit I know of who is old enough to remember.

Aang: Who?

Roku: The spirit's name is Koh, but he is very dangerous. They call him the Face Stealer. (Aang looks horrified.) When you speak with him, you must be very careful to show no emotion at all. Not the slightest expression, or he will steal your face. (Aang looks even more horrified but calmly nods, understanding the situation. Faith stares in complete shock as she backs away slowly before stopping and looking down.)

Aang and Faith walk up to a giant tree, seeing the entrance to the cave Koh can be found in. Aang stares and slightly steps toward the cave hearing creepy noises. He glances to his left noticing that the noise wasn't coming from the cave. Aang sighs in relief.

Aang: You're just a curly tailed blue nose.

The monkey turns its head toward Aang, exposing that he has no face.

Aang/Faith: (Startled.) Aaahhh!

Aang: (Aang takes a deep breath and speaks with his and Avatar Roku's voices combined.) Show no fear. Show no emotion at all.