Chapter 6: Imprisoned

The scene opens up in a forest. Katara and Aang are on a raised, grassy plateau as Faith is Gently resting in Aang's lap smiling. A gentle stream is running out beneath it. Katara is folding one of their sleeping blankets. Melody is lying on Faith and Momo screeches and lands on the plateau as Sokka approaches.

Aang: (Opens his eyes; Enthusiastically.) Great, you're back!

Faith sits up in Aang's lap as Sokka digs in his bag.

Aang: What's for dinner?

Sokka: (Digs nuts from his bag.) We've got a few options. First; round nuts. And some kind of oval shaped nuts? And some rock-shaped nuts, that might just be rocks. (Throws the rock-shaped nut toward Momo.) Dig in! (Aang and Faith look at each other then back at Sokka.)

Katara: Seriously... what else you got?

Momo coos, and sniffs the rock-shaped nut, before taking it with one of his paws and slapping it against a stone twice. Attempting to break it, he takes it with both paws and slams it down on the big rock. The moment he does so, however, the entire earth quakes, making Momo shriek and his hair stand up on end.

Sokka: What was that?

Momo, believing he may have caused the quake, cautiously drops the rock to the ground in test. The quake returns, causing Momo to leap away.

Aang: It's coming from over there!

Sokka: (Faith leaps up using her AirBending And Aang and Katara follow close by, running away.) Shouldn't we run away from huge booms? Not toward them?

The four, joined by Momo and Melody, hide behind a fallen tree and spy on a young boy bending boulders into the air and punching them into the side of the ravine.

Katara: An earthbender!

Aang: Let's go meet him!

Sokka: He looks dangerous, so we better approach cautiously.

Faith: (Suddenly is a few feet in front of them, excitedly addressing the earthbender.) Hello there! I'm Faith! What's your name?

The young boy gasps in surprise, dropping the boulder he was bending to the ground. He flees quickly, bringing down an avalanche of boulders with his bending to block his exit.

Aang: (Sokka, Aang and Katara approach Faith; Yelling.) Nice to meet you!

Faith: (Shrugging.) I just wanted to say hi.

Aang: Hey! That guy's gotta be running somewhere. Maybe we're near a village? And I bet that village has a market!

Katara: (Excitedly.) Which means no nuts for dinner!

Sokka: (Faith, Katara and Aang chase after the boy.) Hey! I worked hard to get those nuts! (Momo flies overhead, followed by Melody chasing Faith, Katara and Aang.) Yeah, I hate 'em too. (Slowly follows the three benders.)

Katara and Sokka stroll through the mining village's streets, Faith looks around in wonder while Aang speaks with a shopkeeper under a terrace.

Aang: Great hat! (Tries on the hat.) I'll trade you some nuts for it.

Faith: (Notices the boy enter a shop. Speaks to herself in surprise.) Hey...

The boy enters into the dark, wooden building and approaches a woman.

Boy: Hi, Mom.

Mother: Where have you been, Haru? You're late! Get started on your chores.

Faith: (Enters the shop's front door, startling Haru.) Hey. You're that kid. Why did you run away before?