Chapter 2: The cave of two lovers

The chapter opens to show a cliff with a small body of water, where Team Avatar is residing. Sokka is relaxing peacefully, floating on a large leaf in the water with Momo sleeping on his stomach, while Katara and Aang are facing each other while practicing waterbending. Faith is rinsing out her hair.

Sokka: (With his hair covering his eyes.) You guys are going to be done soon, right? We have a lot of ground to cover if we're going to make it to Omashu today.

Katara: (Rises from her hunched-over position; turns to face Sokka smugly.) What? Like you're ready to go right now, naked guy? (Smiles at him smugly.)

Sokka: I could be ready in two minutes. Seriously, (Pulls back the hair covering his eyes.) whenever.

Aang: So you were showing me the octopus form?

Katara: (Turns her attention back to Aang.) Right, let me see your stance.

Aang assumes a defensive stance. Faith looks over from where she is and walks over to him observing his stance.

Faith: (Walks under his right arm.) Your arms are too far apart. (Positions his arms closer together.) See, if you move them closer together, you protect your center. You got it?

Aang: (Blushing.) Oh, yea... thanks.

Katara: (Assumes a fighting stance.) Okay, let's see what you got.

Aang bends the water, creating a globule which eventually transforms into eight whip-like water tentacles. He carefully maneuvers them, fending off shards of ice that Katara repeatedly sends at him by throwing them away or dodging them. At length, he manipulates one of the tentacles, curling it around her leg, gripping it firmly and pulling on it.

Katara: (Proudly.) You make a fine octopus, Pupil Aang.

Aang dances playfully, suspended in a globule of water shaped like an actual octopus. Suddenly, music can be heard in the distance. The group witnesses a strange group of nomads playing music on instruments and singing, approaching them.

Chong: (Singing.) Da, da, da. Don't fall in love with the traveling girl. She'll leave you broke and brokenhearted. (Sokka unexpectedly falls off his leaf. Chong stops singing and points at the group.) Hey, river people!

Katara: We're not river people.

Chong: (Puzzled.) You're not? Well then what kind of people are you?

Aang: Just... people.

Chong: Aren't we all, brother?

Sokka: (Walks over and says accusingly.) Who are you?

Chong: I'm Chong and this is my wife, Lily. We're nomads, happy to go wherever the wind takes us! (He suddenly strums his lute-like instrument in a crazy fashion much like a rock star strums crazily on their guitar.)

Aang: (Starts out with a somewhat puzzled tone, but changes it to an excited one.) You guys are nomads? That's great! Me and Faith are nomad's!

Chong: (Just as excitedly.) Hey, me too!

Aang: (Blankly.) I know... you just said that.

Chong: Oh. (Noticing Sokka.) Nice underwear...

Sokka is only wearing his swimsuit; Aang, Katara and Faith are standing behind him. Sokka's eyes bulge at the sudden realization that he is wearing very little in front of complete strangers. He grabs Momo and places him strategically over his underwear and slides rapidly away. The scene switches to where Team Avatar and the band of nomads are lounging nearby Appa, whose fur is braided. Chong is casually strumming his lute. Sokka approaches.