Chapter 15: Lake Laogi

Sokka is drawing an inaccurate picture of Appa for missing posters. Faith and Aang enter, they were standing a little away from each other still embarrassed about their almost first kiss the previous night.

Faith: (Cheerfully.) We found a printer to make our posters! And we managed to put Melody onto it! (Reveals the poster and Aang smiles and points at it.)

Sokka: Hey, I thought designing the lost Appa poster was my job. I've been working all day on my Appa! (Shows his crudely drawn picture of Appa with a proud smile. Katara tries to hold back her laughter.)

Aang: Sokka, the arrow is on Appa's head.

Sokka: (Dismayed.) This is his head. (Points to the sketch.)

Katara: (Takes the picture from Sokka, looks confused.) Why are feet coming out of it?

Sokka: (Snatches back the picture indignantly.) Those are his horns. (Hangs his head.) I haven't seen him in a while, okay?

Toph: (Mockingly.) It looks just like him to me!

Sokka: Thank you, I worked really- (Suddenly remembering that she is blind.) Why do you feel the need to do that?

Katara: Let's just stick with the professional version.

Sokka angrily rips up his drawing.

Aang: (Excitedly.) Come on, let's get busy! (Holds up some pamphlets.)

Later that day.

Sokka and Katara are playing a game. Toph is just relaxing and Faith is gently bending some water and making it into different shapes as Aang re-enters.

Aang: I just finished dropping all the leaflets. Has anyone come in with news about Appa?

Katara: It's only been a day. Just be patient. (Aang sits.)

A knock at the door causes Aang to jump up. He runs to the door. The knock causes Faith looses control over her water, she sighs a little before bending it back into the pot.

Aang: Wow, you're right! Patience really pays off! (Opens the door.) Joo Dee?

Joo Dee: Hello, Aang, and Katara, and Sokka, and Toph, and Faith.

Sokka: (They approach as Joo Dee enters.) What happened to you? Did the Dai Li throw you in jail?

Joo Dee: What? Jail? Of course not. The Dai Li are the protectors of our cultural heritage.

Toph: But you disappeared at the Earth
King's party.

Joo Dee: Oh, I simply took a short vacation to Lake Laogai, out in the country. It was quite relaxing.

Katara: But then they replaced you with some other woman who also said her name was Joo Dee.

Joo Dee: (Surprised.) I'm Joo Dee.

Faith: Then who was that other women?

Joo Dee: I'am not sure.

Aang: Why are you here?

Joo Dee: Dropping fliers and putting up posters isn't permitted within the city. Not without proper clearance.

Sokka: We can't wait around to get permission for everything.

Joo Dee: You are absolutely forbidden by the rules of the city to continue putting up posters.

Aang: (He starts to Angrily yell.) We don't care about the rules and we're not asking permission! We're finding Melody and Appa on our own and you should just stay out of our way! (Slams the door as she exits.)