Chapter 4: The Warriors of Kyoshi

Sokka holds a map in his hands, he begins to question Aang's navigational skills.

Sokka: (To Aang.) You have no idea where you're going, do you?

The four are riding Appa, the siblings and Faith sit on Appa's saddle while Aang sits on his head, looking back.

Aang: Well... (Happily.) I know it's near water.

Appa flies over a large area of water.

Sokka: (Sarcastically.) I guess we're getting closer then.

Faith is preoccupied with sowing a hole in Sokka's pants as Melody sits in her Lap holding one of the end of his pants. Katara is helping her out by sewing up the other rip. Aang glances at Faith from atop Appa's head, Momo perched on his shoulder. He concocts an idea to impress her.

Aang: Momo, marbles please. (Momo dives into his shirt and emerges, handing Aang two small, gray marbles.) Hey Faith, check out this airbending trick!

Using airbending, Aang manages to spin the two marbles quickly along an equatorial plane as he grins happily. Faith takes no notice and continues to sew.

Faith: (Nonchalantly, still focusing on her task at hand.) That's great, Aang.

Aang: (Disappointed, stops performing the trick.) You didn't even look.

Faith: (Looks over at Aang and attempts to show enthusiasm.) That's great!

Aang: (Dismayed.) But, I'm not doing it now.

Sokka: (Seated on Appa's saddle. Sokka waves his arm breezily at Aang as if he is trying to shoo him away.) Stop bugging her, airhead. You need to give girls space when they do their sewing.

Faith: (Katara and Faith both send Sokka an annoyed glare; Irritably.) What does that mean?!

Sokka: (Sokka lazily rests with his arms behind his head.) Simple. Girls are better at fixing pants than guys and guys are better at hunting and fighting and stuff like that. (Faith starts to get really annoyed as Katara places her bag besides her and sits up straight crossing her arms.) It's just the natural order of things.

Katara: (Faith Suddenly smiles and looks at Katara, Sarcastically.) All done with your pants! (Shows that the pants are still ripped.) And look what a great job we did!

Katara angrily tosses the pants in his direction. The pair of pants hit Sokka in the face as he quickly scrambles to free himself. Katara laughs and leans back while Faith just smiles smugly. They then high five in triumphant.

Sokka: (Protesting and pleading.) Wait! I was just kidding. (Sticks one arm through the large hole in his pants.) I can't wear these! Faith, Katara, please!

Aang: (Enthusiastically.) Relax, Sokka. Where we're going, you won't need any pants.

Aang yanks Appa's reins to the left, his tongue sticking out of the corner of his mouth. Appa picks up speed as he flies faster.

————————————————————————

Appa has landed on a beach as the four start to dismount him.

Sokka: We just made a pit stop yesterday. Shouldn't we get a little more flying done before we camp out?

Katara: (Aang looks for something with his hand held against his brow.) He's right. At this rate, we won't get to the North Pole until spring.

Aang: But Appa's tired, aren't you boy?

Appa does not react at all apart from a mild grunt, which comes across as less than convincing.