Chapter 8: Winter Solstice Part 2~ Avatar Roku

The scene opens to a full moon in the sky. The view rises over Senlin Village during early morning hours. Aang tries to get Appa to move, yanking on the reins, though the bison continually refuses and sits down.

Aang: (Strained voice.) Let's go, Appa! Come on, boy! (Appa roars in protest and sits down. Aang sadly addresses his pet.) Look I'm sorry, but Faith, Katara and Sokka aren't coming to the Fire Nation with us. (looks down and away, sadly.) If they got hurt, I'd never forgive myself, Especially Faith. I know you want her to come but I can't allow her to put herself in danger. (Sternly, emphasising his command by straightening himself.) So get your big butt off the ground and let's go!

He jerks at the reins, stretching them out, but is flung to the ground when the ropes pull him back as Appa did not move a muscle. Aang, sits spread-legged on the ground.

Sokka: I think his big butt is trying to tell ya something. (Aang gasps in surprise and looks over his right shoulder and over his left, turning around in search for the origins of the voice.)

A collection of Senlin villagers, with Faith, Katara and Sokka stand beside Aang as Faith steps forward towards Aang. She holds out her hand as Aang takes it only to cross his arms and look down.

Faith: Please don't go Aang. The world can't afford to lose you to the Fire Nation. (Faith pleads.) Neither can I.

Aang: (Looks away sadly and recalls an image of Sozin's Comet.) But I have to talk to Avatar Roku to find out what my vision means! I need to get to the Fire Temple before the sun sets on the solstice. That's today!

Aang airbends himself atop Appa's head. He looks back with a sad expression on his face as he prepares to leave. Faith stands in front of Appa blocking his path as Katara and Sokka run to stand before the bison, preventing him from moving any further copying Faith.

Katara: We're not letting you go into the Fire Nation, Aang.

Sokka: (Aang stares curiously.) At least, not without your friends. We got your back. (Momo soars up and perches atop Aang's shoulder, and Appa licks Sokka, who angrily looks at the bison.) Ew!

Faith Uses her AirBending to Land on Appa's head taking a seat next to Aang.

Senlin Village leader: It's a long journey to the Crescent Island. (Hands Aang a small bundle.) You'll have to fly fast to have any chance of making it before sundown. Good luck.

Aang: Thank you for your-

Senlin Village leader: (Interrupts sharply, yelling. Points toward the ocean.) Go!

Appa takes off with Aang, Faith, Momo, Melody, Katara, and Sokka. Later that morning, the Senlin Village leader exits a building, but he stops in his track upon finding Zuko standing in his path. In the background, Iroh is sitting on a komodo rhino.

Zuko: (The Senlin Village leader gasps.) Having trouble sleeping? (Pushes the man back through the door, knocking him down. He approaches him.) Seen the Avatar lately?

Day has come. Appa soars over the ocean. Faith, Aang, Katara, and Sokka all watch the ocean fearfully. Faith grabs Aang's hand but quickly let's go. Aang just smiles and takes Faith's hand holding it tightly as Faith just Smiles kindly at him.

Aang: Come on boy, we've got a long way to go. Faster!

Appa picks up speed, Still going forward.

Faith: Aang, listen. (Aang faces Faith.) I know your just trying to protect me. You didn't want me to come into dangerous territory, you didn't want to loose me. I love how protective you are, and I couldn't loose you either. That's why I'm here. (Places a hand on his cheek.) The world needs you Aang. I need you.