A FRIEND

Harley made it back to her car, she got tired of her dress, so she changed into her almost everyday outfit

Harley made it back to her car, she got tired of her dress, so she changed into her almost everyday outfit. {top of the chapter} Harley was about to get in her car and drive away. When she heard Barbara scream. Harley rolled her eyes but was still concerned. She put her hair up in pig tails, grabbed her gun and bat and started to walk in the warehouse but so no one could see her. She saw Barbara run out and get shot by Penguin. Harley got angry, she saw Tabitha on the ground dead and Harley got this sad feeling.

"For the record, this is not how I wanted things to go" Penguin said pointing the gun in Barbara's face. "You son of a bitch. I will rip out your heart!" Barbara screamed with tears in her eyes. "Quiet. Now, that is exactly the kind of talk that's gonna force my hand. But for old time's sake, I will give you a chance. Can we move past this? Say the whole Tabitha-Butch chapter is over?" Penguin asked, is he really that stupid Harley thought. "I am gonna feed your guts to the rats, you beaky-nosed freak!" Barbara yelled, "So, no" he said in disappointment. "Oswald! I want to make a deal" Jim said, Harley focused her attention to him now. "A deal, Jim?" Penguin asked. "We split whatever's in the chopper.... and you let Barbara go" Jim said with his hands up. "No. He does not get to limp out of here alive!" Barbara yelled and penguin hit her with the gun. Harley was getting more angry by the second. First he hurts her puddin now he killed and hurt two of her friends. "Shh! I got a deal for you, Jim. She dies, I take everything, and you go home and reflect long and hard on my generosity" Penguin said walking over to Jim. "And if I say no? What happens when the government finds out you murdered the only cops left in Gotham?" Jim asked still with his hands up. "Nothing. Jim, as far as I can tell, you have nothing to offer, and you're out of ammo" Penguin said. Harley stepped out and walked in eyes view, "but I'm not" Harley said she quickly pulled out her gun and shot his limp leg. But so did Jim. As Penguin was screaming Harley shot and killed the last of his men. Jim looked at Harley, as she laughed at his Penguin was screaming. Harley skipped over to Penguin and kicked him to the ground. "This is the benefit of being my friend, when you're in trouble I'm there. And you just got yourself one new enemy" Harley said bending down to him. "Hi Jimmy, I'm gonna take Barbara and Tabitha and go. And if you follow us or me in fact, I will kill every single one of your refugees at the GCPD" Harley explained. Harley turned around and walked to Barbara and picked her up. "Get in in my car, Purple Lamborghini you know it" Harley whispered, "What about-" "I'll get her" Harley finished Barbara grabbed Harley's bat for defense, Barbara walked to Harley's car. Harley walked over to Tabitha and picked her up, bridal style and walked to her car. "How the hell is she so strong?" Harvey asked walking next to Jim. "That's our first sighting of her in person, that means Jeremiah told her she didn't have to hide. Because if he told her to hide, she would be" Jim explained while watching Harley walk away with Tabitha in her arms.

Harley and Barbara got back to the Sirens club, Harley carried Tabitha's body into Barbara's office and she laid her on the table. Barbara was still bleeding, but she got a silk tarp and put it on Tabitha. Harley was standing there and she felt bad for Barbara, and Tabitha even though she tried to kill Jeremiah. Harley get sympathy for the two woman. Barbara put her hand on Tabitha's cheek, she leaned down and kissed her one last time. Then she covered up the rest of Tabitha's body with the silk tarp. "I'm sorry, she didn't deserve it" Harley said as she put her hand on Barbara's shoulder. Barbara brought her hand up to Harley's and gently placed it on hers. Harley walked by Barbara and stood with her followers, "I promise... if it's the last thing I do... I will kill him!" Barbara screamed.

Barbara and Harley were by the bar in the Sirens, Harley was using long tweezers to poke around for the bullet in her shoulder, "thank you" Barbara said trying not to scream. "No problem, I heard you scream and I came. That's the benefit of having me as a friend" Harley said, she found the bullet and pulled it out. Harley then grabbed the needle and thread and she started stitching up Barbara's wound. "No, I mean shooting Penguin and carrying Tabitha to your car. I know Jeremiah wouldn't approve of it" Barbara said, Harley was confused "Mistah J, lets me do anything I want. It's Ecco that has to follow his every word, J knows that I don't like to be tied down, unless it's to him and our relationship" Harley said almost done with the stitches. "How do you feel about Ecco?" Barbara asked Harley. "I know she's jealous because he's my puddin not hers, I know he's going to make us prove our loyalty, but I would do anything for him" Harley explained as she put the gauze on Barbara's arm. "All done" Harley said clapping. Barbara turned around and looked at Harley, "What do you actually feel about Jeremiah?" she asked genuinely interested, she thought that this girl used to be Brooklyn Wayne, princess of Gotham. Now she's Harley Quinn, Queen of Gotham, someone that everyone respects not because she has money, but because she's the killer and maniac that Jerome always talked about. "I love Mistah J" Harley said smiling and giggling. "And he loves me, and if Ecco tries to take him away from me, I will kill her in cold blood" Harley said with her head tilted and smiling.