RACE FOR FIRST PLACE

Three weeks, since the cemetery

Three weeks, since the cemetery. Harley and Jerome were happy together. 9:35 am on a Wednesday, the sun was coming through the windows of Harley's room, shining on her face. Harley heard Jerome's heartbeat while she had her head on his chest. Harley lifted her head from his chest. She sat up and decided she wanted to have some fun, she swung her leg over his torso and sat on his waist. She leaned down and kissed his lips, when she sat back up she noticed him smirk causing her to giggle. He opened his emerald eyes and looked at his lover. He groaned, "already?" He asked rubbing his eyes. "No you have to catch me first" Harley said running off of the bed, while cackling. Jerome chuckled watching Harley standing in the door way of the room. She was in an oversized baby pink t-shirt that had Psycho Chick printed on it, she had no pants on but just blue lace underwear on. Jerome sat up and swung his over the bed. Harley smiled at him, "Come on J, don't you wanna rev up your Harley?" She said with her hands on both her hips. Jerome gave her and sexy smirk and started running. Harley ran, she hit the stairs and slid down the railing while she laughed. She ran out the back door and into the middle of the big yard and turned around seeing Jerome in the door way. Harley smiled and waved at him, then she did a cart wheel. Jerome ran over to her and she dodged him. He turned around and looked at her smirking, Jerome loved how playful she was, it kept the relationship exciting. Harley waved him over with one of her fingers. Jerome ran and tackled her and she cackled, her high pitch cackle. He loved that she was as insane as he was, maybe even more insane. Jerome was on top of Harley, both of them out of breath. Harley smirked and flipped him over and was on top of him. He sat up and grabbed ahold of her waist pulling her closer to him, while she put her hands on his face. She pulled him into a heated make out session, every kiss they shared was heated and full of passion.

Harley was getting dressed while Jerome watched her. "So why can't I got out of the house?" Jerome asked. Harley looked at him, "people think you're dead, you will. Just not yet" she said. Then there was a knock on the door, "come in!" Harley yelled. Cassie opened the door a crack, "Harley there's someone you have seen in awhile here to see you" she said with her head poking through the crack. Harley walked out fully dressed, "who?" She asked looking at Cassie. Cassie opens the door revealing Bud, "your baby" she said. Bud looked at Harley and ran over to her. Harley squealed and dropped down to the floor with a wide smile on her face. Harley started to pet Bud, "Hi baby, did you miss mommy?" Harley said tearing up. She hugged Bud and Bud started to sniffle. "Aw baby you did miss mommy" Harley said wiping her tears away. Cassie looked at Jerome and her eyes widened, "so you're alive?" She asked. He looked at her and nodded. She nodded, "cool" she said then shut the door. Harley got up from the floor and jumped onto the bed and Bud followed. "You have a pet hyena?" Jerome asked with wide eyes, 'this girl is crazy' he thought. "Don't be scared she likes anyone who's crazy" Harley said. Bud stared then sniffed Jerome. "You can pet her" Harley said smiling. "She won't bite?" Jerome asked. "She would have killed you if she didn't like you" Harley said smiling. Jerome pet Bud, and Harley smiled. "Come here Bud" Harley said. Bud looked at her and sat on Harley's lap. She laid her head on Buds body, "I missed you so much baby" she said petting her. Jerome put his arm over Harley, she looked up and put her hand on his cheek and kissed him, and Bud laughed at them.

Harley and Jerome were on the roof of the mansion. Harley was walking along the edge, while Jerome was sitting on the edge with his legs hanging over it. "That insanity gas was supposed to make you forget" Jerome said looking out over Gotham. Harley turned her attention to him "It was?" She asked with a confused look on her face. "Yah, you mad?" Jerome asked looking over at her. Harley bent backwards and kicked over, sticking the landing. She walked over to him, "No" she said sitting down. She slipped her arm through his and held onto his arm with both of her's, while he put his hand on her inner thigh. She put her head on his shoulder. "Getting sprayed by the gas was the best thing that ever happened to me. I'm free" she said looking over Gotham. Jerome looked down at her and she looked up at him, "I'm glad you made it, it turned me into who I was meant to be" she explained looking directly into his eyes. Jerome smiled, "yah, you were born to be Harley Quinn" he said causing her to smile. "I don't know how you do it J, Gotham has taken so much from you. Why stay?" Harley asked with her head back on his shoulder while she looked in the distance. Jerome smiled, "because you're here" he said causing Harley to look up, "that's the only reason I'm staying" he continued causing Harley to smile. "Eventually I'm going to have to get out of this house and show Gotham that I'm alive again" Jerome said looking at her. Harley smiled, "I know that, and we will show Gotham that you are back and you're with The Harley Quinn" she said in victory. "You really have become famous" Jerome said smiling. Harley nodded, "yeah let me show you something" she said standing up and Jerome followed her.

They walked back to her room and she switched the tv on. She flicked to the channel that replays old news reports, she saw that the news report she saw in Arkham was playing. She sat Jerome down, "look" she said."People are starting riots saying "Free Harley Quinn," her followers are more then anyone in the past. People are spray painting Harley Quinn graffiti everywhere." Jerome saw spray paintings of a skull with a heart and a diamond for an eye, with pig tails that had blue and red on the end of them. He saw Harley's name painted on brick walls. Harley smiled and started to giggle behind Jerome. "People want Harley out of Arkham and people are starting to compare her to the late Jerome Valeska, and some are saying that she's worse then him, crazier and definitely has more followers then him or Jeremiah Valeska. In my opinion she the worst villain Gotham has ever seen." Then the report cut off. Jerome looked over at Harley with a smirk. "I'm the worst villain Gotham has ever seen" Harley said then gave him a wide smile. Jerome got up and put his hands on her waist and pulled her closer to him. "It's you and me now doll face" he said. She snaked her arms around his neck, "you and me baby" Harley said smiling. Jerome knew the day he died, he said that to her. He smiled and kissed her, and she kissed back.