WHY CAN'T I REMEMBER?

The next day Harley woke up in Jeremiah's arms

The next day Harley woke up in Jeremiah's arms. She loved the feeling of being with him, she's in love with him. She loved the warmth he made her feel. Harley woke up to the darkness of the very early morning. Today's the big day, it's her birthday and the day her parents died. She looked up at Jeremiah and smiled, seeing him so peaceful and beautiful. His beautiful darkness, she saw it and she loved it. She saw the beauty in his darkness, and he saw the darkness in her beauty. She needed him, she would die with out him. Jeremiah's eyes opened and looked down at Harley. "Good morning baby" he said in his morning voice. Harley smiled at him "Good morning puddin" she said. "Happy birthday" he said smiling. Harley giggled and sat up causing him to sit up too. "I have something for you" he said leaning over to the table next to the bed. He opened the drawer and pulled out a blue and pink box with a gold bow on it. He handed it to Harley with a smile. She giggled and opened it, Jeremiah smiled seeing how Harley smiled with tears forming in her eyes. She pulled out a necklace with a J attached to it. Harley looked at Jeremiah with a smile and pulled out a note that read.
"Happy birthday, baby. I have loved you since I laid my eyes on you, the most gorgeous and crazy woman in Gotham. I want you to remember that, there will never be one like you. I will never forget you, because I'm in love with you"
-your puddin, J

Harley smiled widely, looked back at Jeremiah and kissed him. She pulled away from him, "here darling let me put it on you" he said. She handed the necklace to him and turned around. He unclasped the necklace and put it around Harley's neck and then clasped it back. He kissed her neck, and whispered "I love you Harley." "I'm in love with yah too J" she said.

Harley wanted to visit Cassie, since she remembered that she stayed at her place. Harley got dressed, told Jeremiah where she was going and that she would be back and kissed him goodbye. She got to the door and opened it and saw Cassie eating cereal and watching tv, Harley felt this warm feeling and she smiled. Cassie looked at the door and her eyes lit up, "Harley!" She yelled in excitement and ran to Harley after putting her cereal down, Cassie engulfed Harley in a warm hug, Harley smiled and hugged back. Cassie was like her daughter. "Hey kid, how have you been?" Harley asked letting go of Cassie. "Good just eating, and using those pictures as target practice" Cassie said looking up at Harley, she pointed at the pictures of Bruce and Selina. Harley walked in and closed the door. "Happy birthday by the way" Cassie said with a box in her hands. The box was gold and had rhinestones on it. Harley smiled and giggled. She opened the box, and pulled out a pink cat onesie. Harley squealed and hugged Cassie. "It's perfect, I love it kid" she said into the hug. "While I was out I got Bud something too" Cassie said. Harley let got and looked at the thing Cassie had in her hands, it was a pink spiked collar with a bone shaped tag saying Bud. Harley was speechless, she grabbed the collar, bent down to Bud and put it on her. Bud smiled "I think she likes it" Harley and Cassie said at the same time. "Thank you Cassie, this has definitely been the best birthday ever" Harley said with the biggest smile on her face. Cassie turned around and grabbed a little box, that was black with a red bow on it. "You spoil me Cassie" Harley said. "This one isn't from me, when I woke up I heard a knock on the door. I opened it and this was on the ground. It's for you though" Cassie explained. Harley put down her gift from Cassie and grabbed the little box. Cassie walked back to the couch and Bud followed her and they both sat down.

Harley examines the box and the tag said "to Harley Quinn." Harley has a confused look on her face. She pulled the bow off and opened the box. It was a pearl bracelet, she pulled it out and there was a photo. She examined it and saw a family of four. A blonde woman with a pearl necklace around her neck, she had a long light brown coat on. A tall man with a suit on, his arm was wrapped around the blonde woman's waist. There were two kids in front of them, the boy was sitting and the girl had her hand on his shoulder while the mothers hand was on hers. The boy had brown almost black hair, with brown eyes, he was dressed in a suit. The girl with her hand on his shoulder was visibly older then him by at least 2 or 3 years. The girl had brown almost black hair and brown eyes, she was wearing a slim navy blue dress with a black coat on, and she had the pearl bracelet on matching the blonde woman's necklace. Harley was so confused, why did the little girl look exactly like her? And why was she with Bruce Wayne? She turned the picture over and it said "Remember." Harley questioned everything, "why can't I remember?" She whispered so quietly that no one could hear her.

Before the morning sun rose, Harley and Jeremiah were planning something mischievous, and they were planning a surprise visit to Bruce Wayne's manor. They walked and crept through the streets of the Green Zone. They eventually saw Alfred, Bruce's butler. Alfred knew someone was there, but Harley was quiet and stealthy. She crept up behind him and knocked him in the head with her bat "Nighty Night" Harley said giggling. She then watched Jeremiah make an appearance. He stared down at Harley's master piece. "Wanted: one butler. Military background a plus. References required" Jeremiah said walking around him and knelt down to Alfred's sleeping. "Yes, Mr. Pennyworth. We have a job for you" Jeremiah said, and Harley smiled with an ear to ear grin that any normal person would find scary or creepy, but Jeremiah found cute.

They got back to Wayne Manor with Alfred. He started to wake up but the bag was still over his head. "Darling you hit him so hard, I thought he'd never wake up" Jeremiah said to Harley. "Just a precaution that he wouldn't wake up on the way here" Harley said pouting. Jeremiah pulled the bag off of Alfred's head. He looked at the couple. "You. You're supposed to be dead, mate" Alfred said. "Sorry to disappoint. But my girlfriend, here, is quite protective over me" Jeremiah said waving at Harley. "Hurt my puddin, and I'll beat yah to death, with your own leg" Harley said seriously, causing Jeremiah to smile, he loved how protective she was, it just showed him how much she really loved him. "You hurt my boy... and I will bite your face off" Alfred said to Jeremiah. Both Jeremiah and Harley started to giggle. "Yeah. Yeah" Alfred said, he couldn't believe that they would laugh at that, he was so hurt to see Brooklyn like this, but she wasn't Brooklyn anymore. They both stopped laughing, "Ah... Bruce will be along shortly. In the meantime..." Jeremiah trailed off, he looked down and wiped his finger on the table next to him and saw so much dust. "This place is in desperate need of some good, old-fashioned butlering" Jeremiah said looking at the dust on his finger. Alfred noticed the hyena next to Harley, almost like it was clinging to her. "How did you even find a way off the bloody island anyway?" Alfred questiond the insane couple. "How? One if by land, two if by sea, three if by digging a tunnel under the river" Jeremiah said messing with Alfred. "But enough questions. Today is the big day" Jeremiah said close to Alfred's face.

Then he backed up and looked at Harley, "Would you go to Tetch and make sure everything is prepared nicely?" Jeremiah asked Harley. She bent down to him "would you like Bud to stay here with you?" She asked him. "No, take her with you" Jeremiah said. Harley started to walk away but was pulled back by Jeremiah, she landed in his lap and he kissed her roughly. She smiled into the kiss and they both pulled away. "I love you puddin" she said smiling, "I adore you, darling" He said smiling, she kissed his lips one more time. She got off of his lap and skipped to the fireplace and Bud followed her as she walked down the stairs down into the tunnels.