CENTER OF THE CIRCUS

Harley ran in the opposite direction of Jeremiah

Harley ran in the opposite direction of Jeremiah. She ran fast, she was running to her apartment, when she noticed several police cars were cornering her. One stopped in front of her, she jumped on top of it and ran across the roof. She kept on running, she wondered where Jeremiah had gone or what happened to him. Harley realized that it had started to rain and she didn't hear the fireworks go off. Harley ran down an alley and a cop was in the middle, he pointed his gun at her "stop or I'll shoot" he yelled, but Harley didn't stop. He shot and she dodged the bullet. She tackled him and grabbed his gun and shot him. She ran out the other side and there were 6 cop cars in front of her. She put her hands up, "you don't need to have your guns out, I'm cool" Harley said. She smirked and tried to run but a cop tazed her.

Harley was handcuffed to the table of the GCPD. Then James Gordon came into the room and sat across from her, looking at her. "So Harley, why'd you do it?" He asked with serious face on. "Are you supposed to be intimidating me? Because it's not working" she said with her accent looking at him. "Why don't you tell your friends to come in, instead of acting like a bunch of pussies" she said looking at the 2 way mirror. Jim nodded for them to come in. Harvey, Selina, Bruce, and Alfred came into room they all stared at her. "Happy?" Jim asked. "Very, I love big crowds. I like to be in the center of the circus" Harley said cackling. "I'm not telling yah anything" Harley said. Bruce stepped forward and looked at his once big sister "please I just want my sister back" he said with tears in his eyes. "Keep crying little boy, your sister is gone. She died when I was born, it was a good attempt with the birthday present you sent me" Harley said looking at him. Harley turned her attention to Selina "you should have died, if Mistah J would have let me do it, you would have gotten a bullet to the head" Harley explained smiling. Selina got angry, she walked over to Harley and punched her in the face. Harley looked up with blood on her teeth, but she smiled and giggled. "You're insane just like Jeremiah and Jerome" Harvey said pointing at her. "I don't know who Jerome is, but it's what Jeremiah wanted, and I'm happy being me" Harley said looking at all of them. "Come here" Harley said to Selina. "Closer I gotta tell you a secret" Harley said. Selina got inches away from Harley, Harley head budded her and broke Selina's nose. Selina groaned in pain and Bruce has to hold her back, while Harley cackled loudly. "Get the transport truck from Arkham, she's going to spend a lot of time in there" Jim said, then they all left the room except for Jim. Jim then looked at Harley, "I hoped that we could bring Brooklyn back" he said. Harley leaned forward "I don't know who that is but I hope she's dead, don't give your hopes up" she said. Jim stood up "Oh and by the way your boyfriend fell into Ace Chemicals, basically acid. But he's not dead, he just has no brain activity. He's brain dead" Jim explained then left the room. Leaving Harley with tears in her eyes and running down her cheeks, she hoped that her puddin hadn't left her for good, she couldn't bare the fact that she lost him without saying goodbye. Jim and the rest watched as Harley sobbed, they all couldn't believe what Brooklyn had become. They wondered why she cared about Jeremiah that much. Harley broke out of her cuffs, Harvey was about to run and secure her again but Jim stopped him. Harley didn't run. She raised her hand to her neck and pulled off her puddin choker, and looked at it, she kissed it and set her hands on the table with the choker still in her hands. Harley didn't run because there was no point in running if she wasn't running to Jeremiah. If he was gone she didn't care where she went, she wouldn't be happy without him.

Harley waited there in that room for what seemed like hours. Then two guys with all white outfits, Harley was considered clinically insane. They picked her up and put her in a straight jacket then they put a mask on her mouth so she couldn't talk, it's not like she wanted she was so broken over what Jim had told her about Jeremiah. They grabbed her and strapped her to a vertical gurney. They then wheeled her out to the transport van. Harley was silent the whole way to Arkham Asylum.

"I can't believe he's still alive" Selina said angrily looking at Jeremiah. "They've been doing scans, and he has no brain activity. He's no longer a threat. To either of us" Bruce said next to Selina. "What about Harley?" Selina asked knowing that Brooklyn was gone and couldn't be saved. "After we talked to her, they took Brooklyn to Arkham" Bruce said, he corrected Selina knowing that's still his sister. Selina turned to Bruce "Bruce, that's not your sister, she's Jeremiah's girlfriend" Selina said pointing at Jeremiah. "No matter who she thinks she is, or what Jeremiah did to her. She will always be my sister" Bruce explained with his eyes tearing up. He didn't want to accept the thought of his sister being completely gone, that she couldn't be saved. Selina saw the tears and hugged Bruce, she knew he was hurting because the day Jeremiah sprayed Brooklyn with the insanity gas was he day he lost his sister.

The van pulled up to the gates of the famous Arkham Asylum, they opened and the van drove in. The back doors revealing Harley to the light of the day. They grabbed her and wheeled her through the doors and through hallways of the asylum. Everyone recognized her even with a mask covering half of her face. They wheeled her a room full of guards, one walked up to her. She read the name tag "Griggs." He took off the mask in her face and got a good look at her. Smeared eyeshadow and mascara, like she had been crying. Smeared red lipstick, bright blue eyes that looked like they had been crying. Long wet platinum blonde hair with blue and pink highlights. And most of all her pale skin with tattoos. "Oh, you sure are a pretty one, Harley" Griggs said smiling. "Arkham Asylum just got the Queen of Gotham" Griggs said and the men cheered. He turned back to Harley, "I'm going to have a lot of fun with you" he said. "Put her in isolation, and don't take her out" he said and Harley smiled, she was truly the most insane one at Arkham.