Chapter 1

"Wrong! All wrong," your choreographer yelled "Odins birthday is in a week! If you don't get this dance in line we'll be a laughing stock!" The dancers nodded and they quickly shuffled back into formation. You didn't exactly like this dance it wasn't your style. Plus you were the one who had to be thrown in the air.

"5-6-7-8" they music started and you all began the dance. It was all fun till you it came to the part when you had to be lifted into the air. You took a deep breath and you felt your feet off the ground. You quickly did a flip as you started falling. To your surprise you were caught by the girls below. You heard clapping, you all turned to see Thor standing at the door. "I'm sure my father will love this," He smiled. "Lady Y/n great job with the flip thing you did there" you gave him a nod. "What about me Thor?" One dancer said "yeah Thor what did you think of me?!" Another said. You just rolled your eyes all the girls had a thing for Thor. Everyone but you.

"Ok lady's back to your formations," your choreographer ordered. "As for you Thor, you know this is supposed to be a surprise. Out!" Thor laughed as he started walking out " I thought it was a surprise for Odin" He said.
"Out!" she pointed him out.

"I can't believe he complemented you of all people y/n" One of the dancers rolled her eyes. You tried to ignore what she said, the dancers never really cared for you. They were just jealous that you're friends with Thor. "Emma! Those comments will not be tolerated. Either keep them to yourself or you are out of here!" Your dance teacher was mean but she like to keep the class as drama free as possible.

The team practiced the dance a few more times before there was a change you didn't like. "Y/n, when you get tossed into the air instead on one flip I need you to flip then flatten out so you can go into a spiral." What is this cheerleading? All you could was agree and hope for the best. "I'll add another girl at the bottom so you can get more air." She smiled and turned to talk the other dancers "Air as in height, which is just great. The higher I am the more the girls are going to "accidentally" drop me" you thought.

After a few more practices with the changes, it was finally time to go home! You quickly grabbed your bag and started to jogged to the library. You wanted to get there before it closed, because the performance was so close the practice times got longer.

As you were jogging you ran into someone causing you to fall right on your butt. "I'm so sorry" you quickly apologized. You heard a familiar chuckle. "That's quite alright Lady Y/n," Thor smile as he helped you up "where are you off to so fast?" You dusted yourself off "The library before it closes, I have to return these books." You said as you pulled three books out of your bag. Thor looked at the books in your hands but one title caught his eye. "So your the "mewling quim" who had the book" Thor chuckled. You look at him with complete confusion. "Loki was looking for that one, it's one of his favorites but sadly the library only has the one copy." You laughed "why doesn't he just buy the book? Or why doesn't he have it in his personal library?" It's odd that he would use the public library. "Well the library couldn't sell him the book because it was the only copy. He did have one in his personal library until father replaced half of his library with work out equipment." Thor explained.

You noticed that you only had a few minutes before the library closed. "Would you like me to walk you there, if I'm with you they will stay open a little longer." You smiled "yeah that would be helpful, I don't think I could afford another late payment. I would have read them earlier but practice has been extended pretty late." You both started walking to the library.

                         ~~~~~~

"Could you believe that all those girls asked for your approval" most girls adored Thor, you thought of him more as a brother. Thor laughed "I think they are only after the thrown, if I wasn't going to be King they would have no interest in me." You punched Thor in the arm, which hurt you more then it hurt him. "Thor you are an amazing guy! I'm sure they will still be interested in you even if you weren't in line for the thrown." Thor raised his eyebrow. "Really, would you go out with me?" He wasn't actually asking you out, he just wanted to prove his point. "Oh will you look at that," you pretended to ignore his question. Thor laughed "See! I'm just proving my point." You laughed with him "No I don't count, You're like my brother." You both chuckled as you approached the library.

He held the door open for you. As you walked in you heard a raspy voice "we are closing!" Thor walked in "sorry Ms just dropping off some books" Thor said. The old woman noticed Thor and took your books. "Took you longer to read theses Y/N" the old woman commented. "Sorry, dance has been a little hectic around this time" the old lady checked the calendar and noticed Odins birthday is in a week. "Oh that's right, well your good to go." Thor opened the door as you walked out. "Welp, thanks Thor for walking me." He nodded "Anytime, you sure you don't want me walking you home. Asgard isn't the safest at night." You raised an eyebrow "I'll be fine, besides I did learn combat from the best" you smiled. "I wouldn't say I'm the best" Thor rubbed the back of his neck. "I know, that's why I meant Frigga" Thor's face dropped "I'm kidding, kinda" you teased. "Well, you need your rest for tomorrow's practices. Goodnight Lady Y/n" Thor smiled.
"Night Thor" you said as you began walking home.