author's note

Hi! Thank you for choosing this fanfic, "Moon Child"

Hi! Thank you for choosing this fanfic, "Moon Child". You may know me, for you may have seen my comments around nearly every Khun x Reader here on Wattpad hahahahaha. Finally, I am going to publish my story. 😁

I first made this how many months ago when there were so few Khun x Reader/OC fanfics. So I was like, "Okay, why not make one if you want to read one." 😂

I'm writing as much as I can before I get hit by a disease known as a very severe "writer's block" to the extent I may not want to write this anymore. 😭

I just want to say that I am actually so determined to finish this fanfic (because I usually end up deleting all my work every time I don't complete it, hehe...) I'm being serious about this writing because of the quarantine and summer break (YAY). (Edit: I FINISHED IT YAY)

I plan to separate the seasons into different books because I am following the Webtoon (with some additional garnishes from the anime) and the chapters are going to be long AF that contains heavy spoilers (you have been warned!)

This is a Khun x O.C. You may consider this a Khun x Reader if you want. Please proceed with this fanfic with caution and low expectations.

I apologize for any of the grammar mistakes. Feel free to correct me.

The characters and plot do not belong to me but to SIU, author of the Webtoon Tower of God. If you haven't seen it then go read this glorious manwha and watch this beautiful anime.

There are going to be a heck ton of references to other anime, TV shows, movies, etc. because I am that geeky and obsessed with other fandoms. Feel free to call them out and facepalm.

Of course, my original characters belong to me.

•••・・・・•••

For those who don't really know Tower of God, here are some info, and let me paraphrase and quote from the Wiki:

The Tower is the setting of the entire story. The current king of the Tower is Jahad, who are people from the Outside who managed to climb up to the 134th Floor. Apparently, "the Tower at least 11 times the size of  the Earth".

There are 135 Floors to conquer to get your wish granted. There are 3 parts, the Inner Tower, the Outer Tower, Middle Area.

The Inner Tower is where Regulars get selected to climb the Tower. To go to the next level or Floor, they should be able to pass the tests set.

The Outer Tower is also known as the Residential Area. "The cultures of each Floor are all different and the environments, ecosystems and climates all vary."

The Middle Area connects the two main towers, it can be used to travel between the two. People aren't allowed to be born there, however, in this fanfic world, the rulers of the Tower is hiding a secret...

The Outside of the Tower is where Jahad and his warriors originate but little is known about it.

When climbing the Tower, people from the Outer Tower, are selected by the Guardian of the First Floor named Headon. He chooses who seems worthy to him to go up. They are called Regulars.

Irregulars, on the other hand, are people who aren't chosen and were able to enter the Tower by themselves. They usually originate from the Outside.

There's this certain substance in the Tower called "shinsu", this directly translates to "divine water". "Each has areas of varying amounts of Shinsu density, increasing with each Floor. In lower concentrations, its density makes the substance act like a gas, but in higher concentrations, it behaves like a liquid."

Shinsu is like air, allowing people in the Tower to breathe. The biggest difference is that it can flow freely and differently in various places. The flow of shinsu determines its qualities.

•••・・・・•••

A bit about my character:

Here's the pic drawn by my friend, @cinnamonbuniii. You can go check her out on IG.

Name: Variiya [Va-ri-ya, rhymes and has the same pronunciation as "Arya" from GoT]Age: 15 (Currently)Born: April 8 (Edit: this was originally July 25 to signify her zodiac of Cancer, but I'd rather stick woth April 8, the day I created her)Species...

Age: 15 (Currently)
Born: April 8 (Edit: this was originally July 25 to signify her zodiac of Cancer, but I'd rather stick woth April 8, the day I created her)
Species: Human
Gender: Female
Height: 170 cm (5'5'')
Hair color: Fawn brown with streaks of violet
Eye color: Indigo purple

My character is a Regular. So she won't take the test from Headon's Floor and will go straight to the 2nd Floor.

•••・・・・•••

These banners were made by tearamxst .I plan to try to update every Tuesday, Friday, and Sunday or every Friday at least. So, on with the story.

"Moon Child":

Popularly known from the phrase "stay wild, moon child". A moon child was at first simply a person born under the influence of the moon with the zodiac of Cancer. However, it now also means "someone following their own path and intuition". So telling someone, "Stay wild, moon child," implies you don't want them to change and you are happy with who they are.

 So telling someone, "Stay wild, moon child," implies you don't want them to change and you are happy with who they are