one

A/N Behold the picture above. It's him and I can't stop swooning haha.

Variiya's PoV

"Mic test, mic test, one, two, three!" I jolted awake, doubling for breath as I was startled from my new surroundings. I winced a bit from the pain of the rocky ground and sat up. Rubbing my eyes, I studied this unfamiliar environment. Golden wisps of grass danced along with cool breezes in this massive field.

"Hello, everyone!" I glanced up to notice a small golden cube, flying up as it was making announcements. "All the Regulars who have made it to the Tower, we sincerely welcome all of you to the 2nd Floor, Evankhell's Floor!"

Euphoria exploded in my head as I gasped, my jaw dropping open. I was finally here. Thank the gods for letting me climb the Tower. I briskly stood up, regaining my footing and tiptoed to see above the high grass to see hundreds of other chosen people, or Regulars, in the area.

The floating cube continued, "This floor is also called the Floor of Test, here we carry out the final test to see whether you are qualified to go up the Tower."

My soaring spirits just plummeted. I thought I was lucky enough to be helped by the gods and there's another chance I might be sent back down there. Grimacing, I stood on the turf steadily, setting my senses straight to not lose hope.

"Well," The announcer hummed. "I'll explain the details later, but let's start the first test! It's very simple, so listen carefully." They cleared their throat. "There are 400 Regulars here, narrow down that 400 to 200."

Distaste riled up my spine and I frowned. It was already a killing game even though I just got here, though it would be so tiresome to go on a murder spree when people could do it for you.

"The Test ends when the number of Regulars reaches 200." I summoned my Pocket, or my console and guide of this Tower. "Ready, begin!"

A second in and the number dropped to 399. I flinched, feeling sorry for the lost soul and summoned a stiletto dagger from my Arms Inventory.

I didn't want to battle anyone, much more I didn't want to kill. Unless someone pulls me too much on my nerves...

A bullet whizzed through the air and I immediately ducked, throwing scattered glances of where the sniper could possibly be. Crawling on the dry land, I caught glimpses of more skirmishes and death. I sighed, I was free from my tyrant family but look where I am now.

I hid by an outcropping to avoid all the fighting, wanting to wait for the number 200. The wind became more violent, bringing the smell of blood wherever it goes. I peered back, checking if the sniper was still marking me, thankfully they were focusing on another unfortunate prey...

A giant crocodile just threw his rifle away. Thank you, Mr. Croc.

Though this field was loud from howling strife, I could easily pick up the approaching footsteps by my radius, bringing the stiletto to protect my heart at the nick of time.

The Regular was an average looking man, his face turning red as he tried so hard to push his sword away from the lock of blades. He brought out another dagger and clumsily flung it at me.

What a pesky little thing, I sighed and easily dodged the knife that was thrown at me. "You know it's best not to fight and just wait for everything to be finished. I know you don't want to kill me." I said coolly. "You seriously want to risk that?"

Another knife was thrown at me. "I guess not." I sighed again and picked up the thrown knife with my right hand and did a battle stance, using my left arm to shield me. "I mean, I tried to swear off using daggers and knives but..."