four

OH, NICE 100 READS THANKS GUYS!!! Also look at the picture and see the sleeping cocoon a.k.a. Lauroe XD

Variiya's PoV

It has been a few minutes since the test began. I sat back to relax and watch the other Regulars try.

"Variiya what do we do?" Her green eyes shifted towards the veil. She was doubting herself.

"Just calm down and go with the flow," I muttered and repeated the words my teacher once told me. "Shinsu surrounds us, penetrates us, and binds the Tower together." She tilted her head as if she was confused. "I don't know how to word this but, just calm yourself down. Don't be scared that you would crash into a wall. Don't resist, just accept the shinsu."

I laughed. "I'm sorry, that probably didn't make sense."

Calliope brought her hand to her chin and seemed to be in deep thought. "Hm, I'll try and figure that out. I think I get it."

You need to calm down. I told myself. Don't mind the others, prioritize yourself and your team.

"Are you gonna try going through?" I asked Myung, approaching the shinsu, and Calliope and I followed him. There was a team who almost made it through; a lizard girl holding a green rod and a swordsman, who cooly just passed. Their teammate, a boy in a tracksuit, was trying to push his way through.

I was staring at my reflection. My braided bun pinned up by the shard was messy and strands were falling out of place. My purple eyes were still bright with determination. My pink robes were bloodstained from the first test but it looked like some aesthetic design. I looked quite unruly, I looked like a huntress, a princess, or perhaps a thief. Timidly, I poked the veil and my finger broke through. I immediately pulled it back, hoping no one saw it.

"I saw that." I yelped and saw Myung giving me a face. "Just get through."

"No," I whispered harshly and pushed him away. "I don't want to wait with a Ranker and those Regulars. It would be so awkward."

"Oi, girl," Calliope looked at Mr. Crazy curiously. "Push her."

Calliope grinned mischievously. "Okay!"

"Calliope, no I don't want to go there yet." I protested. Then they pushed me, I was quite grateful when I stumbled and fell on my butt. I glared at the two. The little blond smiled sheepishly while the Grim Reaper exhaled with annoyance.

Peoples' eyes fell on me and I felt conscious. I stood up and brushed myself and walked as cool as possible to the steps and sat down, quite close to the boy and the Ranker. I could feel blue-hair's eyes piercing into my soul. Groaning, I hugged my legs and took a peek at him. Yeah, he was looking at me. Blushing from that quite embarrassing experience and his bold expression, I decided to just focus on my team, my fingers threaded with the pink beads around my neck as if I were guarding it.

It felt weird just sitting there, doing nothing when there were tons of people surrounding the place. I don't like it when all eyes are on me. Yet didn't you wish to be free from there? To be with people because you were isolated from them? I would have to put up some effort to make friends. Ugh. Too much work.

"Damn it! How can this useless test eliminate me?" Bellowed a Regular. He was wearing a blue and pink shirt. "I don't know what this barrier is about, but I am strong enough without any stupid powers. I'm the strongest of all Regulars."

Huh, what a beautiful dream. But I strongly disagree with you. No matter where you go, there would always be someone greater than you. Without knowing how to manipulate shinsu, you're done for in this Tower, for all those who are great can utilize it.