seven

Variiya's PoV

I was busy watching the fight by the door. Myung was right, it would be better to analyze everything as a spectator rather than making insights during the fight. The swordsman was quite intimidating. His techniques were very skillful, he would be a formidable opponent if we play now. Shibisu's martial arts were quite... exceptional. Apparently, Ms. Lizard over there was Anaak Jahad. A real princess of Jahad here? I was quite incredulous, yet suspicious at the same time. If she's just taking the tests now... how does she have a weapon from the 13 Month Series?

I could partially hear the situation that was going on in Bam's Team. That weapon he was holding the whole time was the Black March? I was surprised, how in the world did he get it?

A new rule was added to the game, wherein if Bam's team wins the entire game, he would get to keep the Black March and Green April. If otherwise, Anaak would keep it both.

I watched the entire match in front of me. As soon as it started, the son of Khun reached the throne, taunting the other teams by nearly placing the crown on his head then quickly stuffed it in his bag. Not bad. I thought and saw him being a smug bastard by throwing the crown towards the crowd for them to fight amongst themselves. I wanna kick him, he's pissing me off.

They're a fairly balanced team, I noted, though I wondered if Bam had any trump cards to play. I looked at Calliope eagerly waiting. For a moment, I doubted if she would actually make it. I waved the thought away. She will, I would just have to believe her.

The opposing teams were pissed, figuring they should temporarily band together to defeat Khun. I mustered a small laugh because I would like to see him try. Even though I do not like him, I should never underestimate a Khun.

The fight played before me, I tried to scrutinize every detail. Ms. Squirrel was trying to conspicuously sneak off to steal the fallen crown. I sighed. This is why I hate alliances, there's a traitor in every group. Yet, here I am, with a group. Perhaps that's why Myung wants to do some hardcore solo-leveling.

The trio with the upper hand was definitely trying to protect Bam. It would make sense if he'd be the one to sit on the throne. I studied Mr. Croc, his weapon was a spear. His giant form would be hard to match in terms of strength, yet I've noticed that he uses his spear as a sword. Most likely he doesn't have another weapon with him or he doesn't know how to use a spear. Khun, on the other hand, was skillfully weaving through the crowd of Regulars, dodging every attack and lunging with his knife. That would be quite a problem, you hate daggers. His briefcase was peculiar; it was his shield--

"Manbarondenna!" He chanted as he opened flicked the cover open, Mr. Black Blob was sucked in the vortex. I gasped.

"That bag," Calliope marveled. "That's so cool."

I've heard of that from Father. I recalled his words. He knew of the bag, how strong it is to deflect blows and bullets. I lightly touched the beads of my necklace. He said that lots of items could be stored there, even people. I studied the blue-haired boy as he brought out another knife from the bag. Father said that the bag can duplicate things.

I looked to the sides, a plan was formulated in my head. Myung and Calliope could pull it off. We could pull it off.

•••・・・・•••

The third round ended with predictable results. I kept my cool by taking steady breaths. Finally, I'm getting out of here... probably. I played with my necklace again, a habit that calms me down from time to time. Our team pressed the buzzer. Khun's eyes met mine, his devilish demeanor has been displayed. I returned that smug stare back at him, in which his eyes widened with surprise. I want to beat his ass (I learned that word from Myung. He didn't want to tell me at first but I kept pestering him. Oh no, I forgot, I should've asked him what does 'shit' mean).