thirteen

I CAN'T BELIEVE IT, WE REACHED 1K VIEWS THANK YOU SO MUCH GUYS! ❤️❤️❤️

Variiya's PoV

I stared outside my window, recounting the events that happened days prior. Even though I was in my room, I didn't get some shut-eye. I didn't feel like sleeping, maybe I should stop drinking coffee.

"Mic test, mic test! One, two, three," Said a speaker. "Good morning Regulars, this is Lero Ro. Did you all have breakfast? I know yesterday's test was exhausting, but don't just stay in bed and eat your meals."

I dried my hair with the towel because I just finished showering and continued to listen to the announcement. "For your information, all the food is free now that the tests are over. For those of you who didn't eat much to conserve points, please help yourselves! Though, to be honest, the food here isn't very good."

I chuckled and adjusted my long-sleeved pink shirt and black leggings. Maybe I can stash cans of coffee in my Pocket. I sat down and laced my brown boots.

"Now, to the main topic: tonight, at 6 P.M., the list of Regulars who will take the final exam will be announced. All Regulars, please come to the 1st hall at 6 o'clock."

I stood up and briefly checked the mirror. My once straight hair was curling because I never bothered to comb it. I smoothed down the stray hairs and shrugged. Eh, I look decent enough. I opened the door. "Alright," Lero Ro finished. "Bye!"

The cafeteria seemed like a battlefield, each seat adjacent to someone was a mine. Endorsi was sitting one seat away from the blue-haired Khun, I was curious about their conversation. I stood by the cashier, an earshot away from them.

"I could say the same about you." I heard her say. "You really lost the game for Bam and Variiya?"

My face flushed red. Thank you...? I thought and bit my lip.

"Didn't you promise that you would keep Bam and Rachel from meeting again?" Khun said, ignoring the Princess's words. My eyes widened. Rachel? Does he mean Michelle? Does he really hate her that much? What in the world did he plan?

"Well, I couldn't stop him." Endorsi picked her food. "But, I partially stopped Variiya from getting a little too reckless."

Blue Hair scoffed. "She fought the Ranker even though she said she'll just support the battle." He pushed back his seat, picking up his food tray. "You ruined everything."

I immediately turned my attention to the chef as if I were choosing a meal. That would've been embarrassing if they knew I heard all that. I saw Khun turning by the corner to the vending machine. I was about to follow him and ask him what he meant by all that but Calliope skipped in front of me.

"Variiya," She said in a sing-song voice. "You're not going to eat? Do you not want to hoard coffee?"

That got my attention. I grinned sheepishly, "Okay, you got me, I'm getting coffee, but not you. You get the chocolate milk."

The little girl glared at me. "You're mean, this is ageism."

I shook my head, giggling at the girl. "You're not supposed to drink caffeine."

She poked me all over and over again. "You're also not supposed to drink caffeine."

"I'm older," I said as a matter-of-factly.

She scrunched her eyes in annoyance and humphed. "You do know that age doesn't matter in the Tower."

After five minutes of arguing what to get, I realized that I still had to confront Khun about his atrocious plan. "Calliope, I need to go to Khun, I got to ask him something."