eight

Variiya's PoV

Recap of the series of unfortunate events that happened after I acted like a sore loser towards Khun. Long story, short, there's another red-head who seemed to dominate the game, a Princess of the Jahad slew her into place, Khun was flawlessly defending Bam, Rak let go of his spear (finally) then a blonde girl gets injured, Bam defends her and jumps out of the throne, there's this gigantic explosion, time's up, then no one wins.

Yay, how fun was that? I should try saying that all in one breath.

Okay, I should really stop joking around.

Anyways, I was worried sick about Bam. Even though I knew him for a while, I would have to thank him for trying to befriend me. I always feel moved whenever someone approaches me without wanting to kill me. I had to do something to show that I cared.

I treaded lightly towards the infirmary where Bam was resting. The explosion had knocked him out, and I overheard the medics said the worst-case scenario was that he'd be in a coma for good.

"What are we gonna do about it, turtle?" I stopped my tracks and quickly changed my route in the opposite direction. Mr. Croc and Khun were going out of Bam's room. I cursed in my head, wondering if those two would ever leave Bam alone for just a while, hopefully for 5-10 minutes.

"I'm going to ask the Admins in the assembly," Khun replied. I took another turn to hide in the girl's bathroom. We were all given 3 days to rest, and for nearly every time I'm available, for some reason, Khun is always there in Bam's room. There was going to be an announcement later about the next test, and I was scared for Bam because he might fail just because he was unconscious.

I checked my Pocket to see it was nearly time. I gritted my teeth with frustration and left to meet up with my teammates in the assembly room.

"You're that girl who battled the son of Khun?" Came a voice from behind. I slightly jumped in surprise and quickly turned around to see a girl casually washing her hands (A/N A friendly reminder to wash your hands guys!) "You were intriguing to watch," She commented.

The girl, in question, was the other Princess of Jahad, Endorsi. She had short brown hair, darker than mine, and shorter than Calliope's. She had a small horn by her hairline, her hair clipped back by a crest of Jahad. She wore a blouse of gold, a beige vest, and black leggings. I eyed her high-heels, she should really stop wearing those shoes.

"I could say the same for you," I tried to reply as nonchalantly as possible when in fact, I was screaming inside. I was watching her in awe during the final round, swooning. Her swordsmanship was the best I have seen so far.

"Well, even though I hope to fight you on the battlefield, let's hope that won't happen."

"Okay?" My response was more of a question for I was merely confused. She left without another word, a small smile on her lips.

I sighed, would she be a formidable opponent? Or do I want her to be my friend because I admire her so much? I studied myself in the mirror. My face looked a bit older than a normal 15-year-old. I knew I wasn't normal, but I plan to be because I'm going to start my life anew in this Tower. My hair of two colors--brown and purple-- bothered me for I was the only one here like that. My eyes of smudged indigo to lilac weren't too conspicuous. Father was right, our family only had those traits, and I was scared if it was a dead giveaway to any of my family's enemies.

I was wearing the clothes that I wore under my robes, which were a plain dark purple shirt and black leggings. I bought boots from the Floor's shop because my sandals broke a few days ago. I sported a haori that I bought too, two sizes too long as it reached past my knees. I cringed at my odd fashion sense but it was either the haori or going out without long sleeves. Of course, I didn't want to show my right arm with scars and therefore chose to stick with the jacket. I looked like some evil empress, come to think of it.