-9-

Astraea Grey

A yawn escaped my lips as I opened my locker. My eyes were half-way closed as I started grabbing my books.

"Wow, you dont look so good" I turned to Madison who had a cheery smile on her lips, but it dropped at the sight of me. "Did you sleep last night?" She unzipped her bag and began rummaging through it.

"No. Hayden kept me up all night-" I paused as another yawn escaped my lips. Madison stopped her searching and looked at me with weary eyes and an arch brow. "Him and Colton were screaming all night while on the game." I continued, not bothering with her sudden change of actions.

Her lips fell into an O shape, before quickly pulling her lips into a firm line. "So I heard what happened yesterday". She leaned against the mental lockers. I hummed in response as I slipped my bag over my shoulder. "When I see Hazel, she's going to wish she never crossed you." She muttered as she glared at a person walking by. I turned my head to see Hazel walking by, she glared at the both of us a smirk playing on her lips. I just rolled my eyes.

I was too damn early for all these death glares. For what, over a damn boy.

"You know she told me to stay away from Hayden" I told Madison as I closed my locker, leaning my head over the cold metal. It felt refreshing against my skin. 

Madison shook her head "She's the one that broke up with him. But as much as you might hate me for saying this but this little arrangement you have going on might end sooner than expected."

"I'm kinda hoping it will end soon. Hayden dropped the bomb to my parents that  we're dating"

Madison threw her head back, a light and soft chuckle leaving between her lips. "Your families are going to plan your marriage, and the names of your children". My eyes widened at what she just said had both the Grey's and Anderson's written all over it. Once when we had a dinner together they had actually wonder what our kids would look like. It was kinda creepy to be totally honest.

"Hey girls" I looked up at Hayden and gave him a soft smile. Seeing as we were in the halls, he placed a light kiss on my forehead. Something that was way different then yesterday, but still made my cheeks heat up and butterflies fill my stomach. He gave Madison a side hug before returned to my side and wrapping an arm around my waist.

"Hey doofus" Madison spoke out with a grin on her lips. " I heard what you told Astraea's parents. Be prepared for the wedding questions to pop up" She remarked with a smirk earning a groan of annoyance from not only me but from Hayden to.

"That reminds me. Astraea, my parents are having a dinner tonight with your family. They told me this morning" He blurted out. I fell silent and Madison just broke down into laughter. My eyebrows crinkled together as to why my parents hadn't mention anything. Maybe they thought Hayden was going to tell me.

"Damn, I wish I could make it. It'll be better than watching Keeping Up with the Kardashians". She remarked.

I rubbed my forehead. "That's not funny. The wedding and grandbaby talk will most definitely come up tonight".

"Just make sure to call me and fill me in on everything." Madison gave us a smile before walking over.

I turned to looked up at Hayden. Only now did I fully take in his appearance. He didnt look half bad as I did. He had small bags under his eyes but didn't look nearly as tried as I did. Whatever he took, I needed it desperately. I must've looked like a hit and run. I barely went to school without some sort of makeup. But today I went bare face, just my eyebrows were brushed and I had Chapstick on my lips. My hair was up in a messy bun and I was wearing an oversized hoodie with leggings. 

Hayden just had on sweatpants, grey might add. With just a black hoodie on. His hair was styled like usual. I broke my eyes off his body and bit my lip. Why did boys have to look good when they wear grey sweatpants?

"This is all your fault." I breathed out. "Now we have to endure a night full of questions about a future that would never happen. Questions about a relationship that isnt even real" My voice betrayed me as it cracked. My heart pained as the words slipped out of my mouth, because it was all true.

"It's fine. We just have to put a show on for our families too" He said with a shrug. "Now come on we have English" He grabbed my bag and intertwined our fingers walking me to my class. He placed another kiss on my temple, making my body feel electrified by his touch. A coupled of 'awes' left students mouths as we walked passed. It took all the power in me to not blush or feel affected by a simple gestured made by Hayden.