-25-

Astraea Grey

Jaden held onto my waist loosely as we walked into the gym. I looked around in 'awe'. Even though I did in fact set this all up, seeing everything come together with the students laughing and just have a good time, made my mood lighten even more.

The walls of the gym were covered with sliver glitter drapes, with fairy lights behind them, lighting the gym walls. The theme this year happened to be Wonder Land as it was highly requested by the girls from school. The bleachers were pushed back against the wall and covered by the silver drapes and instead hundred small circler, lantern-lit tables, sitting about a dozen people scattered around. The stage sat dimly light by blue light and music started playing as students already were on the dance floor dancing, seeing Jaden, Madison, Darnell and me got here a little late because my mom thought she was a freaken photographer.

"Wanna dance" Jaden looked down at me. Even though as I wore heels and stood around 5'11, he was still taller than me. I interwined our fingers and pulled him into the floor. Pushing a couple of couple's out the way, mumbling a "Excuse me" as we neared the middle of the dance floor.

"I'll take that as a yes" Jaden chuckled as he threw his head back. He looked at me before losely placing his hands on my waist. I chuckled at how nervous he looked. I watched as I wrapped my arms around his neck, he gluped as I brought him closer.

We stood there just swaying to the music. My head on Jaden's chest, listening to his heart beat, while he just held me closely. Soon the music changed to Selfish by Madison Beer, started playing. I lifted my head from Jaden's chest and looked at the main doors to the gym. In walked the infamous, Hayden Anderson with his date Ginger Pubes, clinging to his arm. My breath hitched as I looked at him. His hair was done in it's usual up way, he was wearing an all black tux, no color was evident on him. A sudden pain stung in my chest as I saw the smile on Ginger Pubes face. She was happy. As I looked at Hayden, I couldn't really tell what he was feeling. He built his walls back up, and showed no emotion. Which I only took as a bad sign.

I looked away from the pair and stared at Jaden's emerald green tie. I pushed the sudden pain in my chest to the side. I brought this upon myself. I was being affraid and dumb, to face the truth even though it was something I've been waiting for as long I can remember. I shook my head trying to earse any though of Hayden from my mind. I was here with Jaden and he didnt desevere me staring or even thinking about someone who wasnt my date.

My eye trailed up from Jaden's tie up his chest to his well defined face. He had a sharp jaw-line, light freckles dotted his cheeks, his nose was crooked a little after a incident back in seventh grade when he fell down the stairs. His green eyes that seemed to turn a emerald green whenever he was happy always seemed to capture anyone-myself included. I was as I stared at Jaden, I noticed his green eyes were a sudden emerald green and a half hearted smile played on his lips. I turned my head following his gaze, he was staring longingly at Hannah Stars.

"Hey, Jaden" I called out as I looked back at him.

"Yes, Astraea" He tore his gaze away from Hannah who was with some of her friends and looked down at me.

"Go dance with Hannah" I stated as I grinned while looking at him. His eyes widened at my statment. "I see the way you look at her" I added pulling away from him.

"A-are you sure?" He looked at Hannah then back down at me. 

"Yea" I waved my hand in the air. "Plus, I'm going to get something to drink".

"Thanks you're the best" His smile reached his ears. He pulled me into a hug and kissed my forehead in a friendly manner. I chuckled as he pulled away and ran towards Hannah. I pushed through the crowded dance floor and walked over to the drinks.