Chapter 3

AN: Hey guys, welcome back. This is part 3 of my Ancient Percy Jackson series. Enjoy!

Recap:

Perseus looked at his brother. "Even though this is a stupid war, and it is happening because the Olympians are too prideful and stupid, do you think the glory will be worth it?"

"Of course, what's the point of not going?" Achilles asked. "We've been training our whole life. We will be remembered as legends: the sons of Thetis."

"Alright," Perseus replied. "We have a month left before we sail. Let us train, and then gain glory for the Myrmidons and become legends."

With that, Perseus unsheathed his sword and the brothers began another fierce duel, sparks of bronze flying in the air.

Present:

Perseus stood at the bow of his ship. He glanced over to his left and right, seeing the fleet of ships steady in the ocean. The winds were silent, no ships were moving. According to rumors, Agamemnon, like the idiot he is, claimed that he was a better hunter than Artemis, so she convinced the wind to stop the Greek ships. Troy was visible in the distance, but the ships were still as a rock in the water, swaying back and forth.

Achilles came up to his brother, frustration etched on his face.

"This is our commander? The mighty Agamemnon, angerer of gods. He's angered a god before the war even started," Perseus stated angrily, his face matching the expression on his brother's.

"He isn't our commander," Achilles growled. "We Myrmidons don't take orders from anyone. Not even from fat, arrogant kings."

"Then how about we go without him?" Perseus asked with a smirk. "Let's show Troy who they truly have to fear."

Achilles' face hardened. "Do it brother." Perseus nodded as the ship suddenly lurched forwards. The soldiers were shocked, as were the rest of the Greek ships, as the Myrmidon's ship surged ahead of the others and to the shore.

Perseus' true heritage was a well kept secret, for only his mother and brother knowing he was Poseidon's son. With Perseus pushing the ship, the Myrmidon's reached the shores of Troy in less than ten minutes, with Achilles and Perseus being the first off the ship. Standing in front of the Myrmidon force was a small group of Trojans in front of the temple of Apollo.

As the Myrmidons reached the brothers, the Trojans launched a volley of arrows. The soldiers dropped into a phalanx while their commanders waited for the arrows to arrive. At the last second, Perseus and Achilles dropped to their knees, making themselves as small as possible, and felt the arrows hit their bronze-celestial bronze shield.

"A lovely welcome, don't you agree brother?" Perseus said chuckling.

"You don't expect them to just surrender do you?" Achilles replied.

"I wish, I just want this war to end quickly so we can return home," Perseus replied. After all the arrows stopped, the Trojans charged, realizing the small size of the Greek army in front of them. The Myrmidons calmly formed ranks behind their commanders and waited for the Trojan force.

As the Trojans closed in, Perseus grabbed his spear from his back and weighted it in his hand. As the Trojans came in range, he gripped it calmly and took a few steps forward before launching it into the lead soldier's chest, killing him instantly. The Trojans hesitated for a moment before being met by the incoming Myrmidons, who matched their enemy's charge with one of their own.

Achilles met an enemy first, ducking under a Trojan blade before thrusting his spear into the chest of another Trojan. Perseus was waiting for the Trojan who attacked his brother, and sent him flying with a kick before killing him swiftly. He then blocked a sword with his shield on his left side before turning and swiftly disarming another Trojan. The soldier looked at him with fear in his eyes before it all went away when Perseus slit his throat.

Within minutes the Myrmidons had destroyed half of the defending Trojan forces, while losing none. After losing half of the force, the Trojans retreated back to the walls of Troy, with the Myrmidons giving chase. When they passed the temple of Apollo, the Myrmidons noticed their commanders not there, so a few went into the temple looking for stray Trojans while the rest went back to their commanders.

When they reached them, Patroclus went up to them and asked, "Why didn't we chase them?"

Both of the brothers smiled. "Because, Patroclus, Troy will not fall today. We will draw out the full might of the Trojan army, and destroy them, showing the true power of the Myrmidons," Achilles said. "We just needed to draw them with an impression, and we did just that." Patroclus nodded his head, when suddenly, Perseus ran into the temple.

Perseus ran straight into the temple, knowing full well what his soldiers would do and how stupid it was. The minute he stepped inside, he saw Eudorus with a sword at the throat of a priest. Perseus ran over to him and shoved him out of the way. "EVERYBODY OUT!" He shouted as he noticed a few dead priests on the floor already. The Myrmidons' eyes widened as they left.

When Achilles came in, he saw that a few of them had women. "Leave the women too," he growled. Once the room was cleared of all the soldiers besides Perseus and Achilles, Perseus walked up to this brother. "We have to send them back to Troy," Perseus whispered urgently. "We can't have another god opposing us in this war because we killed his priests."

"Agreed," Achilles said, nodding his head at his brother. He looked over the women and priests, and while he did, his eyes fell on a woman who was dressed in much fancier clothing then the rest. He walked up to her and asked, "What's your name?"

"Brisēís," she said quietly. The brothers' eyes widened. They knew who she was, the niece of King Priam. "All of you leave," Perseus said sternly. The priests hurried out of the temple and ran towards the city walls.

Brisēís looked at the brothers in fear, "What do you want with me?"

Perseus looked at his brother, and looked back at her. "You will be our prisoner. Unfortunately, you can be used as a bargaining chip," Perseus said with an apologetic look. "However, we swear that you will not be touched by any Greek." Achilles nodded as they led her out of the temple. As they exited the temple, they saw the Greek ships reach the shore.

"Take her to my tent and explain the situation to Patroclus. Make sure he stays with her and keeps her under his protection," Achilles said. "Then we will deal with Agamemnon and his whining."

Perseus nodded. "I swear that idiot will die at the hands of one of his 'allies' before the war even starts. It will probably be mine considering he dragged us here to get his brother's wife back from a pipsqueak."

Achilles started to laugh as he saw his brother leading Brisēís back to his tent. He hoped that the war would be over soon, and that Brisēís could be returned to her family quickly.

AN: I hope you guys are enjoying so far. Please review and favorite. Take it easy guys!