Chapter 4

AN: Hey guys welcome back to my Ancient Percy Jackson story. This is part 4, and I hope you guys enjoy!

Recap:

"Take her to my tent and explain the situation to Patroclus. Make sure he stays with her and keeps her under his protection," Achilles said. "Then we will deal with Agamemnon and his whining."

Perseus nodded. "I swear that idiot will die at the hands of one of his 'allies' before the war even starts. It will probably be mine considering he dragged us here to get his brother's wife back from a pipsqueak."

Achilles started to laugh as he saw his brother leading Brisēís back to his tent. He hoped that the war would be over soon, and that Brisēís could be returned to her family quickly.

Present:

After explaining that Brisēís can't be touched and to be hidden away from everyone else, Perseus met his brother at the beach and waited for their Greek allies to meet them. "How do you plan to hide her for the duration of the war?" Perseus asked his brother.

"She will stay in my tent," Achilles said nonchalantly. "No one is foolish enough to enter it, and if they do, they'll get a spear through the throat."

"She's awfully pretty, don't you think?" Perseus said smirking. "Are you sure that's not the reason you want her in your tent?"

Achilles scowled, but Perseus knew he embarrassed his brother a little bit due to the red twinge in his cheeks. "You'll need to be careful, others will want her as a war prize," Perseus said scowling. Achilles' eyes narrowed. He wouldn't let that happen. He and his brother would never take a woman against their will. The reason? Their mother taught them to give respect to women, and treat them not like a prize, but a person.

As the brothers thinking to themselves, the Greek forces finally landed, with King Agamemnon being among the first to step onto the beach, a scowl on his face. The brothers were trying not to laugh as their least favourite ally approached. "How did your ship get ashore without the winds?" He growled.

Perseus looked at him questioningly. "Winds? I don't know what you speak of, my lord," he said mockingly.

"Yes, the winds were quite strong for us," Achilles added on. "Maybe because we didn't claim to be on par with the hunting goddess, but I'm not sure." Agamemnon looked at the brothers, who were grinning and trying not to laugh. They flashed him one final grin before heading to their tents, not seeing the embarrassed look on his face.

When they arrive at their tents, Achilles was quickly knocked down and a knife was thrust into his side. Perseus quickly unsheathed a dagger and pointed it at the assailant, and saw it to be Brisēís. Perseus growled and dragged her back into the tent. "Do you want me to give you to someone else?" He said angrily. "We swore not to hurt you, yet you try to stab my brother?"

"Peace brother," Achilles said calmly. "She didn't know. Many others would act the same way in her place."

"I'm sorry Brisēís," Perseus apologized. "I can't blame you for trying to escape. Hell I probably would have done the same thing in your position."

"I'm truly sorry too," Brisēís said. After a while, she continued, "So it's true? You can't be killed?"

Perseus laughed. "Anyone can be killed, you just have to use the right tools. However, only Achilles and I know how to kill each other, and it is a closely guarded secret, as if someone knew how to kill us, well, we'd be dead."

Achilles looked at Brisēís softly. "Would you explain why you tried to kill me?"

Brisēís snorted. "I am no one's war prize."

"Of course you aren't," Perseus replied. "You are insurance. If any one of my men get captured, we can use you to trade for them."

"So you won't..." Brisēís started.

"No. We don't want to face our mother's wrath," Achilles said shuddering.

"Your mother..."

"Thetis, daughter of Nereus," Perseus said with a smile. Brisēís' jaw dropped. "You two are demigods?"

"At your service," Perseus said with a smirk. "Why do you think we stopped the men from destroying Apollo's temple? We don't love the Olympians, but we know that it foolish to intentionally anger them right before a war."

"You don't like the Olympians?" Brisēís asked.

Perseus' face shifted to an angry expression. "We have our reasons to," Achilles said. "None of which we will be sharing. When my brother gets angry, he tends to say more than he should."

Perseus rolled his eyes. "Are you hungry?" He asked Brisēís. She nodded her head, so he exited the tent with his brother's approval.

Achilles looked at Brisēís. "Sorry for my brother, he can sometimes get too angry. He would never harm a woman, but we have only had each other, so we are extremely protective over each other."

Brisēís looked at the son of Thetis, analyzing him, before asking, "Why do you care? Your men could have taken me, yet I still could have been used as a bargaining chip."

"My brother and I weren't raised that way," Achilles said. "Our mother taught us to treat women with respect. You are an innocent. Unfortunately, we need you, because in an unlikely scenario where my brother or I get captured, we need someone important to have to exchange for the other."

"So I just stay in the tent the whole time?" Brisēís asked.

"Unfortunately, yes," Achilles said apologetically. "I will not force you, but if you leave, you could be in great danger." Brisēís was not happy to be a prisoner, but she was happy that her "captors" were such respectful people.

"Where can I sleep?" Brisēís asked. Right as she asked the question, Perseus came back to the tent with a bed and two plates of food. "There," Achilles said, pointing at the bed. Perseus put the bed next to Achilles' bed. While it wasn't the fanciest, it was better than sleeping on the floor or with a strange man.

"A Trojan envoy is making its way through the gates," Perseus reported.

"Alright," Achilles said. He then turned to Brisēís. "You can leave, but you will lose our protection if you do. I am leaving Patroclus to guard you. Alright?" Brisēís nodded gratefully and gave him a kiss on the cheek. Achilles blushed, and then nodded to his brother as they went to meet the Trojan envoy.

AN: I hope you guys are enjoying! I know this is the second chapter today, but I might not be able to post tomorrow, so I am trying to make up for it. Please review and favorite, and take it easy guys!