Chapter 36

AN: Hey guys, I hope you enjoyed the last chapter. I know I used to update like every week, or even twice a week, but that probably won't be happening for awhile. If I'm lucky, I'll update every week. Honestly, I'm just trying to update as much as possible. Thanks so much for the support, it means a lot. I'm still in full college mode, but I'll try to pump out a few chapters and get the ball rolling. Also, this chapter will probably be filler to lead up to the battle of the Labyrinth. There will be some detail, but some of it will just be summary. Anyways, please enjoy!

Recap:

Perseus smiled. "You should go home, see your mother," he said. "Plus, I've got to train you. I have six months to hone your skills before the summer."

Max frowned. "I don't like it, but I'm happy I will be training. I don't want to wait any longer."

Perseus ruffled Max's hair. "Trust me, Luke won't attack until at least the summer. Annabeth, what are you doing?"

Annabeth blushed. "I'm going back to San Francisco. Maybe I'll spy on the Titans or something."

Perseus smiled. "That might be a good idea. However, if something goes wrong, immediately contact Max or I, yeah?"

Annabeth nodded, causing Perseus to turn to Max. "Come on, Max. Say goodbye to your girlfriend, and hello to New York City and training in my apartment," he said, causing Annabeth and Max to blush. Perseus winked at Annabeth, who's face got even redder, and vapor travelled with Max back to his mother's apartment.

Present:

Perseus and Max reappeared outside Sally's apartment, and the ancient warrior rapped on the door three times and patiently waited for a response. A few moments later, Sally Jackson opened the door and immediately took her son into her arms, squeezing him as hard as she could.

"I missed you Mom," Max said.

Sally released him. "I missed you too, Max," she said after a few moments. She turned to Perseus and gave him a wide smile, which he just nodded in return. He knew the value of family. After all, they were part of it.

Perseus walked further into the apartment and saw a man with salt and pepper hair. "Hello," Perseus said. "You must be Paul."

Paul Blofis looked up and saw Perseus with his hand out, and stood up to meet him. "Yes, I'm Paul Blofis, and you are?" he asked inquisitively.

"I'm Perseus," Perseus said with a smile. "I'm Max's half brother. We share the same father," he explained.

"Ahh," Paul said. Perseus smiled at Paul's name. Blofis, he thought. Interesting.

After having dinner with the family, he headed off towards his apartment and trained for a bit before settling down for the night.

LINE BREAK - Time skip to the summer

Perseus walked over to his sword rack and placed his sword on it. He wasn't using his brother's blade, but the sword he was using was fine, especially for training. When he thought about Achilles' sword, he thought about Anaklusmos, which he gave to Max, and that led him to Zoë. Perseus sighed. He knew Zoë wasn't having the best time. She didn't really like camp, and from what he knew of when he visited, she spent all of her time in Artemis' cabin and the archery range. As he put the sword down, he heard a groan, releasing him from his thoughts. "Jesus brother, how are you not tired," he heard Max whine.

Perseus snorted. "Max, I've been alive for many centuries. What do you think I've been doing?" he asked. "Besides, without me, you'd barely be as good as you are with your sword and your powers."