Chapter 27

AN: Hey guys, I hope you all are well. Thanks for all the feedback, it is really helpful. Also, just a heads up. This story will be long, like a lot of chapters. At least I think so. Honestly, I have no idea how long this will be, but Perseus and Zoë won't meet again for awhile. They won't meet until the Titan's Curse, or that part of the story. So yeah. Please enjoy!

Recap:

Maximus took the backpack back from Grover and was relieved to find the Master Bolt inside it.

"We have to get to New York, tonight," he said.

"But that's impossible," Annabeth chimed in. "We'd have to..."

"Fly, yes," Max said. "But Zeus wouldn't dare strike us down when we carry his most powerful weapon, would he?"

"Who knows, Zeus is a paranoid bastard," Perseus said, causing thunder to rumble over head. In response, he stuck up his middle finger to the sky, and spun around 360 degrees. "However, we don't have to fly."

Present:

"What?" Max asked. "We don't?"

"Yeah," Perseus said. "Don't you wonder how I get to and from different places so quickly?"

The trio looked at themselves before shaking their heads. Perseus sighed. "Oh well, grab onto me. You might feel unwell the first time, so here it goes." Each member of the trio felt each molecule in their body turn into water before reappearing the same way in New York City, near the Empire State Building.

When they reappeared, the trio looked at their bodies in shock. "What was that?" Annabeth asked.

Perseus sighed. "It's complicated. Eventually, Maximus will be able to do it when he is powerful enough, which will be soon."

Maximus looked towards the Empire State Building. "I still can't believe Olympus is over the Empire State Building," Max said.

Perseus chuckled. "I wonder what Olympus looks like, I've never been," he mused.

"It's beautiful," Annabeth said. "I hope to design something like that," she said trailing off. Suddenly, she had an idea. "Perseus, you can still come, but you have to wear my invisibility cap!"

Perseus chuckled. "Thanks, that is a great idea. However, your mother would know I was there, due to it being something she gave you. However, I can do this," he said, turning into water, making himself invisible.

"Woah!" Max said. He turned around to see Perseus standing there whistling innocently.

"What?" he asked. "Let's go."

"Wait!" Max said. "Annabeth and Grover should go back to camp and tell Chiron the truth."

Perseus looked at the trio. "I agree. Besides, Chiron needs to know just as early as the gods."

Annabeth nodded and gave Max a hug and waved to them, throwing a drachma into the ground and getting in a weird looking taxi.

"Ready Max?" Perseus asked. Max gulped.

Perseus walked with Maximus, and when he entered the lobby, he abruptly disappeared.

Perseus prowled through the lobby behind the his brother, not making a sound. He almost laughed when Max threatened the guard with the Master Bolt. When they got into the elevator, Perseus let out a sigh of relief.

"You ready to see Olympus?" Perseus asked.

"No," Max said. He took another look in his bag, looking at the master bolt again.