Chapter 18

AN: Hey guys, I hope y'all are well. I am planning a sequel after the first great prophecy, and unlike Timeless Warrior, where Annabeth is kind of the main character, I kind of want the OC to be Perseus' champion. What do you guys think about that? Also, please let me know what story you guys want next, the ideas I have are in my AN I posted, and I think I have a good idea for an Arrow/PJO crossover, so that might happen after I finish my Alex Rider x Cherub crossover. Sorry for the long AN, but please enjoy!

Recap:

Perseus slowly pulled away from his mother, his emotions more in check. "I will mother, I swear. I will burn Troy to the ground and will kill that cowardly prince personally. That cursed son god will also pay."

Thetis nodded, anger burning in her eyes for the actions of the god.

"Stay here, son. Don't leave until you are ready. Keep grieving as long as you need to. When you are ready, return to camp and get ready to burn Troy to the ground. When the war is over, we will have a proper funeral for your brother and we will discuss your next steps in life. Survive, not just for me, but for your brother," Thetis said softly before planting a kiss on her son's head before turning into mist.

Perseus sat back down on the beach and saw his brother's armor. He took his mother's messages into account and stripped off every piece of his armor and replaced it with his brother's. Once he wore his brother's armor, he sat back down on the beach, grieving for his brother and dreaming of was to kill Paris.

Present:

For three days, Perseus stayed on that beach. His mother stopped by occasionally to give him food, but she left him alone. As the sun set on his third day at the beach, Perseus' grief had turned into rage and a thirst for vengeance. All he wanted to do was to burn down Troy.

He was about to get up when he heard a familiar set of graceful footsteps. He turned around and stiffly bowed before looking into the eyes of the person "disturbing" him.

"What can I do for the mighty Olympian council?" He growled, the grey-eyed woman taking a step back at the demigod's tone.

Athena's eyes widened at the way he spoke before looking at the demigod understandably. Perseus had a definite reason to hate the council, after all, an Olympian had just murdered his brother.

She walked towards the demigod and stood next to him, facing the sea. "Your time for revenge draws near. I have given Odysseus a way inside the walls of Troy," the goddess said, glancing at the demigod.

Perseus didn't return the glance and stared at the horizon. "And what may that be?"

"The Trojans are scared, as they think they have upset Poseidon by killing your brother. They believe that the storms and your power over water is due to Poseidon's anger. They sacrifice to him daily yet storms still ravage Troy while the plague is killing all of your men. The Greeks are building a wooden horse to leave behind as they sail home," Athena explained.

Perseus glanced over at Athena. "It is a trick. You want to use it to get inside the city due to the Trojans willingness to sacrifice to Poseidon."

Athena was shocked at the quickness of Perseus' thinking. She slowly nodded, confirming Perseus' suspicions. "They need you though. The men need to see you, it will boost their confidence."

Perseus' expression hardened. "I will do anything to watch Troy burn."

Athena was surprised in his willingness to fight, and thought it would be a challenge to persuade him. However, as she was able to flash away, Perseus' voice stopped her. "Are you not curious about who I am?"