Chapter 13

AN: Hey guys, thanks so much for the comments. For the question I asked, well you'll have to wait and see what I do with the whole Apollo mess. Also, be sure to check out the author's note I posted, I know they are sad and nobody really likes them, hell, I don't even like writing them. However, I really didn't want it to be on the end of a chapter, so please check it out for my future story ideas. Anyways, please enjoy!

Recap:

"Perseus, I can't thank you enough. I thought my life was over before you found me. You've done so much for me and asked for nothing in return."

Perseus smiled. "No, thank you for allowing me to spend this short time with you. It has been the best time of my life, and I'm really going to miss you."

Zoë lay on top of Perseus and gave him a soft, yet long kiss that he savored before he kissed back softly, putting her head against his chest. Perseus couldn't deny his feelings he had for her, and she couldn't deny she felt something for him. However, due to his care and concern, she felt her feelings growing with each second she spent with him.

Present:

The day passed faster than either of them wanted as they lay together in the sand as afternoon turned to evening as Artemis got ready to ride her chariot. Perseus spent as much time as he could talking and learning everything about Zoë, and the more he did, the greater his feelings grew. He almost changed his mind in sending her away, but he couldn't risk her safety and dignity in camp.

He knew that he loved her. For if he didn't, he would have let her stay in camp with him. She would be mobbed, and while people would die if they came close, he wanted to keep her immortal and safe.

As night came, they found themselves at the sea. Perseus knew his time with her was coming to an end, so he brought her closer to him.

Suddenly, the sea parted a little bit, allowing a woman to walk out of it. Thetis observed the girl her son was holding closely. She understood his love for her, and was trying to spend his last moments with her as well as he could.

Perseus noticed his mother first, and smiled as he did. Zoë dropped to a bow when she saw the goddess.

Thetis waved her off. "Nonsense, please don't bow. You have grown close to my son, and he clearly has feelings for you. You must be something special."

Both Zoë and Perseus' faces turned scarlet at Thetis' statement.

Thetis looked around the couple. "Where's your brother?"

Perseus shrugged nonchalantly. "Probably with Brisēís, I guess."

Thetis looked at Perseus questioningly. "No matter. Go fetch him while I drop her off with Artemis. I'll return when I'm done."

Perseus nodded before turning to Zoë and placing his lips onto hers, sharing a passionate kiss. After they broke apart, Perseus gave her a sad smile. "Think of this as a see you later, not a goodbye. I promise I'll see you again, whether it be in Elysium or here."

Zoë smiled before giving him one more kiss on his soft lips before turning to Perseus' mother who watched the two with interest.

"Get your brother," Thetis said to Perseus.

Perseus nodded before hugging Zoë for the last time and heading back to the Greek camp.

Thetis then turned to Zoë, who couldn't meet the goddess' gaze.

"Do you love my son?" Thetis asked seriously.

Zoë's eyes widened, before she realized her true feelings and nodded, her face reddening.