Chapter 6

AN: Hey guys, welcome back to my Ancient Percy Jackson story. 

Recap:

In an instant, Perseus had his blade out, ready to kill Paris and avoid bloodshed. Suddenly, he was kicked in the chest and knocked off his feet. He said Hector looking over him with an apologetic expression. Perseus understood, he was about to kill Hector's brother. Agamemnon took advantage of this, stating "The Trojans have gone against their word. They must burn!"

The Trojan envoy quickly grabbed Paris before rushing back to their walls. Hector stood there, trying to think of a plan to prevent war. However, he quickly shook his head and followed the rest of the envoy while the brothers of Thetis looked at Agamemnon with disdain before leaving the Greek envoy and going back to their camp.

Present:

The events of the duel between Perseus and Paris spread through the Myrmidon camp like wildfire. Any reservations about going to war with Troy had been squashed when the actions of the Prince of Troy during the duel between the two warriors. The next day, the Greeks would march on Troy and start the war.

Perseus stood outside his tent, scowling, as the thought about the events that transpired earlier. He could have ended the conflict without any meaningful lives lost. He cursed himself for toying with the weak prince. He could have dispatched Paris with one strike if he really wanted to, but he got carried away with his emotions and let it out on Paris.

Achilles met him outside his tent, and saw his brother's expression. He was about to speak up when he heard Perseus speak first. "He will pay for that."

"Who? Hector?" Achilles asked.

"No, that fool Agamemnon," Perseus replied angrily. "Paris would be dead if it weren't for his big ass mouth. I don't blame Hector, I probably would have done the same thing."

"He broke the agreement," Achilles said pointedly. "He dishonored his people."

"Family is more important than Honor," Perseus said simply. "Would you have saved me if I were Paris?"

"Hell no," Achilles said chuckling. "You'd be dead already."

Perseus responded by laughing before smacking him the back of the head. "Dickhead."

"I don't blame him either," Achilles said seriously. "It was a good idea, but it gave Agamemnon a reason to declare war on Troy."

"I agree," Perseus said while nodding. "I'll have to wait before I get my revenge on him."

Achilles sighed. He couldn't normally argue with his brother successfully, and when he had his mind set on something, Achilles would never win the argument. After they got some food, they each grabbed their swords and started to spar lightly. Suddenly, Perseus dropped his sword, and quickly whipped to his left. He saw Agamemnon's men dragging a screaming Greek girl towards their tents.

Perseus stepped forward, but Achilles held him back. "You cannot save every woman from Agamemnon," Achilles warned.

"I don't care, I don't feel like turning a blind eye now," Perseus said shrugging. He jerked away from Achilles and walked up to the men. "Where are you bringing her?" he said casually.

"She is a war prize for Lord Agamemnon," one of the men said smirking. Perseus couldn't help but laugh when the man said 'Lord'. "Is there something funny?" the man asked.

"Yes," Perseus said smirking. "I think it's funny that you are taking this girl when she belongs to me."

The other man narrowed his eyes. "Lord Agamemnon saw this one trying to leave camp. He picked her out himself, now scram, I am on orders from my Lord."

Perseus laughed again. "Your 'Lord'? Well listen here bub. She's mine. Now leave before I make you." The men dropped the screaming girl, who was no longer screaming, and pulled out their swords. Perseus sighed, before pulling out his own blade.

One man opened his mouth to speak, but Perseus kicked him in the face, knocking out a few of his teeth. He then turned to the other man, who charged forwards slicing his sword. Perseus caught the sword, to the amazement of the soldier, and knocked the man to the ground and put his own sword at his throat.

Achilles sprung forward and leveled his spear and the man on the ground while Perseus stood over the other. "Leave. Like I said, she is mine. If Agamemnon has a problem with that, he can let me know later." Both men nodded, and Perseus threw the sword behind them and watched them stagger away.

Achilles moaned. "You know, you are going to be the death of us, you know that brother?"

"Who cares," Perseus shrugged. "I told you I would get my revenge. If he wants her, he will have to take her from me,"

Perseus offered his hand to the girl. However, she looked at it timidly before trying to scoot away. Perseus walked over to her and lifted her up softly before going back to his tent. The girl was terrified. She had heard stories about men taking women to their tents during wars, and couldn't imagine what this man would do to her. He went inside his tent and softly set her on his bed.

"Relax, I'm not going to hurt you, I promise," Perseus said with sincerity.

The girl calmed down, but still looked at him wearily.

Perseus was finally able to take a good look at her, and the first thing he noticed was how beautiful she was. He wasn't in love, but looking at her, he felt the most amount of affection he had ever felt for a woman besides his mother. He noticed her pretty onyx eyes and silky, black hair that reached her shoulder blades. Her face was soft, yet it had a regal look to it.

He moved his gaze back to her eyes, and said, "I promise I won't touch you without your permission, but I need you to talk to me. What is your name ma'am?"

The girl was surprised by Perseus' use of the word 'ma'am', before replying, "My name is Zoë."

AN: Hey guys, thanks for the reviews on Perzoe or Perthena, please review if anyone has anymore opinions. Currently, I'm going to do Perzoe because Perthena feels like a copy of Timeless Warrior. However, if you guys really want Perthena, I will do it, and probably make Annabeth their daughter. Thanks so much guys and take it easy!