Chapter 21

AN: Hey guys, I hope y'all are well. I know I was uploading daily to this story, and I really enjoyed it, but I have other things to do besides writing, and while I really like this, the other stuff is more important, so I will try to upload as consistently as possible, so if I don't upload after 3-4 days, don't assume I'm on a hiatus. If I do take a hiatus, which isn't happening anytime soon, I'll let you know, but that won't happen (hopefully). Also, please comment what you guys want to see next from the Author's Note I posted for this story. Anyways, please enjoy!

Recap:

Athena was staring at Perseus with wide eyes. "Perseus, you defeated an Olympian!"

Perseus smiled. "Yep. However, no enemy is unbeatable, no matter their power level."

Athena looked at the demigod. "I have so many questions!"

Perseus chuckled. "I have many answers, but you won't get them today."

Athena tried to protest, but Perseus smiled and cut her off. "Goodbye Athena. It was good to see you, and I'll see you in the future."

With that, the demigod evaporated into mist, leaving Athena with more questions about something than ever in her immortal life.

Present (January 24, 41 AD):

Perseus walked through Rome, his eyes narrowed. He wasn't thrilled about the situation, but he knew he had to do it. This man was a monster, someone who shouldn't be allowed to live the life he had.

He ignored the looks of fear of the general populace, but they had no reason to fear him. The only reason they did was because he was wearing armor of the Roman Praetorian Guard, who had a reputation of cruelty towards the common citizens.

He made his way towards the royal palace where two member of the Praetorian Guard stepped out to stop him. Before they could do anything, he snapped his fingers in front of their faces. "I am Cassius Chaerea here for a word with the emperor, move now!"

The eyes of the guards blazed over as Perseus walked past them without a word. He walked through the palace without a word, as a Praetorian was a common site in the emperor's palace.

As he approached the bedroom of the emperor, the real Cassius Chaerea came out to challenge him. "Halt. Identify yourself now!"

Perseus calmly nodded as he pulled a piece of paper out from his pocket and handed it to the guard. The guard looked at the paper with a confused expression. "What does this say?"

Perseus smirked, before slicing his blade across the guard's throat without him even realizing it. "It says I'm here to kill the emperor, but in Greek." Perseus put a hand on the man's shoulder, making him disappear into mist.

Perseus sheathed his weapon and walked to the bedroom door. He gagged as he heard the lustful cries of a woman easily. He pushed the door down and faced the couple, who stopped in the middle of their lovemaking. "Hello emperor. I see you and your sister are having a splendid time."

Caligula stopped and looked at the intruder. "You will pay for entering my chambers. You will pay with your life!"

Perseus chuckled. "I'm afraid my time hasn't come, but yours has. See, you have committed many crimes, and today, they have caught up with you. Your lust for power has made you delusional, even calling yourself a god."

Perseus disappeared for a moment, and suddenly, Caligula was ripped off of his sister, and he saw a man in front of him, the same man who had just disappeared a few seconds ago. "What...what do you want?" Caligula stuttered.