Chapter 33

AN: Hey guys, I hope you enjoyed the last chapter. Like I said in my other story, I won't be able to upload as much due to the amount of work I will be getting, as I am a senior in high school. I really want to upload as much as possible, and will try to do so in the future. Also, I'm not sure how I will write the Battle of the Labyrinth, maybe I'll skip it? Honestly, I'm not even sure yet, but I'll figure something out. Let me know if you have any ideas. Anyways, I hope you guys enjoy this chapter!

Recap:

While Max was wishing Grover off, Perseus looked at the quest members. "So, how do we get to the Garden?" Perseus asked.

"We need a car," Thalia said as Max came back to the rest of the group.

"Thalia's right," Max said. "But we don't have anyone to help us."

"We could always steal one," Perseus suggested, causing Zoë to glare at him.

"Wait, there is someone," Thalia said.

Everyone turned to her as she ruffled through her backpack and found a piece of paper from her bag. She brought out the crumpled piece of paper, and unwrapped it, revealing an address. "Professor Chase, Annabeth's dad."

Present:

Maximus didn't know what to expect from Annabeth's dad, considering how much she voiced her negative opinion towards him.

Perseus sighed and knocked on the door. After a few moments, a man wearing aviator goggles and cap stepped outside.

"Hello," he said cheerily. "Are you here to deliver my airplanes?"

"Err, no," Maximus said.

"Drat," Dr. Chase said. "I need a few more Sopwith Camels."

Perseus gave a chuckled. "No, Dr. Chase, we're here about your daughter."

Dr. Chase straightened up. "Annabeth? Is she alright? Did something happen?" he asked.

Perseus sighed. "We better explain. Can we come in?"

Dr. Chase nodded and opened the door widely, allowing the questers to file into the house.

Perseus observed the house. It felt homey, causing him to smile and remember the times when he was just a boy, sparring with his brother.

Dr. Chase turned to them. "We'll go upstairs to my study."

As they walked upstairs, Perseus saw a pretty Asian woman coming from the kitchen. "Honey," she said. "Who are our guests?"

Dr. Chase stammered. "Uhh..."

"Frederick, you didn't even ask their names?" she asked. Perseus gave a chuckle as he introduced himself, along with the five other questers.

"Darling, they came because of Annabeth," Dr. Chase said.

Mrs. Chase pursed her lips. "Alright, I'll bring something up while you talk in the study," she said calmly, before turning to Max."Nice meeting you, Max, I've hear a lot about you," she said before heading back to the kitchen.

"She seems nice," Max said to Perseus, who just nodded in response.

When they reached the study, Perseus whistled in awe at what he saw. He saw books and historical artifacts everywhere. However, the thing that interested him the most was the setup of the Third Battle of Ypres which took place in World War I.

"That's a nice setup, Dr. Chase," Perseus commented. "What is it for?"

Dr. Chase looked at Perseus with a glint in his eye. "I'm writing a paper on the Sopwith Camels. I believe they played a much bigger role than they were given credit for."