Chapter 31

AN: Hey guys, I hope you enjoyed the last chapter. Just adding on to Perseus' powers and abilities: as he is a son of Poseidon, he does have power over storms, and that can include lightning. So maybe he will direct some of Thalia's lightning away or to something? (I got that idea from the reviews, it wasn't my own, so I just want to thank the person who commented it) Also, sorry if this chapter sucks, I hope it doesn't. Anyways, please enjoy!

Recap:

When he reappeared outside the museum, he saw part of the cloak was missing. "Skatá," he swore. He would have them on his trail the rest of the quest. He ran into the museum and immediately saw a monster.

"Kitty!" A little kid shouted. Unfortunately, it wasn't a kitty. It was the Nemean Lion. The six questers were having trouble penetrating the lion's skin, and Perseus knew they were in trouble. He vapor travelled in front of the lion, his cloak still covering his face. The Nemean lion looked at him, and lunged, opening his maw to try and eat his head off. Perseus easily dodged, before vapor travelling a few feet away. He gave the lion a cheeky wave before the lion charged again. Instead of dodging, Perseus charged the lion, and cocked his wrists, unsheathing his hidden blades. When they met, Perseus dug his hands into the roof of the mouth of the lion, causing it to disintegrate, leaving a pelt in it's wake.

Five of the six questers were looking at the cloaked man in shock, while a certain son of Poseidon was smiling. The cloaked man took off his hood and revealed himself to be Perseus. "Hey guys, what did I miss?"

Present:

Zoë immediately ran up to him and launched a punch at his face. While Perseus knew Zoë would feel good punching him in the face, he didn't think she'd be happy with a broken wrist, so he dodged the punch and vapor travelled behind Maximus. "What's up guys?" he asked, sporting a cheeky smile.

"What the hell are you doing here?" Zoë asked.

"Saving you guys," Perseus said with a smirk. "Besides, I know where we have to go, so let's go," he said, turning around. Before he could leave, however, he turned around and looked right at Zoë. "We should go, unless you want the Spartoi to gain your scent along with mine," he said, causing Zoë's eyes to widen.

"Let's go, we are going right now," the huntress said with wide eyes, quickly following Perseus out of the museum.

Eventually, Perseus followed Zoë to the van, and Zoë began to drive west towards their location. Eventually, Perseus nodded off, but was awoken by gunfire.

"Stupid mortals," Perseus grumbled, looking up and seeing a helicopter flying above them with a mounted turret gun firing on them. Perseus sighed and reluctantly stood up cut a small square in the roof with his sword. "Zoë, keep zigzagging, it will be harder for them to hit us!" he shouted behind him.

"What you gonna do? Kill them with your sword?" Phoebe sneered.

In an instant, Perseus had a blade to Phoebe's throat. "That's strike two. I don't have time for your sexist shit. I have no idea how old you are, nor do I care. But what I do know is that I can defeat an Olympian in single combat. I know I won't have any trouble defeating someone like you," he sneered back. He took out two pistols, and retracted his hidden blade before pointing the muzzle at Phoebe. "Just so you know, the only thing that is keeping me from putting a bullet in you is Maximus. If he wasn't here, you'd be dead."

He turned around and punched through the roof, and peeked his head out of the car. He pulled out his pistols and opened fire on the helicopter while turret fire was being rained down from above.