Chapter 16

AN: Hey guys, I hope you enjoyed the last chapter. It's been a few days, I'm sorry I don't upload every day, but I am not the greatest and most prolific writer, so I'm sorry if I take a few days to crank out chapters. Anyways, I know I'm dumb, I should probably do the Giant War. I will also try to make chapters longer. Lastly, there was a review saying I should do an OC for the Prophecy, and I agree, so I will end up making a son of Poseidon be the prophecy child, but Thalia will be involved in the story, and so will Annabeth, I'm just not sure who is going to go to camp Jupiter, the OC or Annabeth, so please let me know. Please enjoy!

Recap:

"For the same reason as you. Achilles has had his revenge, but it is time for Hector to go home. I may want Troy to fall, but this will only taint the name of two of the war's greatest heroes. If Achilles doesn't listen to reason, your names will be dishonored for eons instead of being remembered as valiant warriors who didn't fear death, instead of being legends, you will be villains. When your brother returns Hector's body, meet your mother on the beach. She had my half-brother forge him something that will help win the war." Athena said while standing up. Her body began to glow as Perseus watched the goddess enter her divine form.

Perseus' eyes widened as he saw an Olympian enter their true form for the first time. He had to admit that it was beautiful, and something most demigods would dream of seeing. He was able to, however, due to his immortality placed upon him by his grandfather.

Perseus sighed and began to walk down the beach, not looking forward to the conversations with his brother and then Priam and Hermes.

Present:

Perseus sat in the shadows of the Greek camp, waiting for the messenger god to show up. He thought that it would be wiser if he waited for Hermes and King Priam to arrive before speaking with his brother, hoping the grieving king would bring his brother to his senses.

He was surprised when the Goddess of Wisdom visited him, but her words mirrored his thoughts for the past week.

Perseus looked up to see a chariot in the distance, unchecked by Greek soldiers, confirming it to be Priam and Hermes, as the latter used magic to let them pass unseen.

The chariot stopped a few yards away from Achilles' tent, and two riders stepped off. The first was wearing a helmet that disguised his identity, while the second was just wearing a helmet with wings on it, along with winged sandals and a white tunic, and holding a caduceus in his right hand.

The duo approached the tent as Perseus slipped out from the shadows, making his presence known to the two.

Priam took a step back from Perseus, as he knew how capable and ruthless he was. Priam put his hand on the hilt of his sword, ready at a moment's notice.

"Don't worry, King Priam. I am not your enemy at the moment. I just want to help you get your son's body back," Perseus said wearily.

Priam was taken aback by the prince's words, and released his hand from the hilt of his weapon. "You are? Why?"

Perseus sighed. "Your son was a brilliant warrior, probably Troy's best. While I don't regret his death, I am sorry he didn't receive the rites and respect he deserved. I tried to convince my brother, but he was too vengeful, and his anger and stubbornness added to his refusal. You will need me if you want to get him back."

Priam nodded slowly. "Thank you for your efforts, I just want to give my son the rites he deserves."

Perseus looked at the king. "As you I, King Priam." He nodded at the king before bowing slightly at the god next to him. "Lord Hermes."