TWO

"Ah, the good old gym," Sophie said, crinkling up her nose as the smell of soggy socks and sweaty armpits filled the air.

"Technically," Dex said. "It's new—but I don't understand how on earth they got it to smell so bad in such little time."

"It's because of the football team and cheerleaders." Fitz told them as they sat down in their new spot in the bleachers. "For some reason they're making us practice early—even though football season doesn't start until fall."

"You're on the football team?" Sophie asked. "Or are you a cheerleader?"

Fitz laughed. "Me and Keefe play football," He said with a smile. "You probably didn't hear a lot about it because we weren't really friends then—and our season was cut short because our team stinks."

"But," Keefe said, wiggling his eyebrows. "Maybe if you came to our games we'd have better luck,"

"Doubt it; I'm about as lucky as a black cat," Sophie said with a laugh. "But I might—if I have time."

"Cool," Keefe said, before turning his attention to Coach Axelene, who came to the middle of the new gym floor.

"Welcome back to school, students," Coach Axelene said, smiling at everyone. "For this lesson today, we'll be going outside and walking the track. I decided we'll do something simple since I'm sure your teachers are giving you a lot of work."

"Tell me about it," Marella said, rolling her eyes. "Mrs. Galvin gave us five packets to do for homework tonight,"

"Really?" Dex asked as they all got up from the bleachers and followed everyone to the football field. "She didn't give us anything."

Marella laughed. "Probably because she was too focused on Sophie destroying her classroom,"

"I didn't destroy her classroom," Sophie mumbled, walking farther ahead than everyone else. "I just shattered glass on the carpet,"

It seemed no one was going to come up to join her in solitude during the walk—until twenty minutes into the exercise.

"Are you lonely?" Fitz asked as he joined her.

"A little bit," She said, smiling up at him.

Fitz smiled back at her. "I thought so—that's why I joined you. Plus, they're talking about why whether or not tacos can fly,"

Sophie laughed. "Oh, didn't you hear? Flying Tacos are the hottest topic now,"

"Really? Then I'd better get myself a flying Taco. Maybe it'll rid Biana of all her dresses and make-up."

"I don't know," Sophie said with a shrug. "She might get herself a flying taco to kill your flying taco."

"Maybe," Fitz said before staring ahead.

Sophie looked up at him, realizing that he'd gotten taller over break, and his pretty teal eyes had become brighter and more vibrant.

He was honestly the handsomest boy she'd ever laid eyes on.

"Hey Fitz," She said after a minute. "I have a random question..."

"What?" Fitz said, looking down at her.

"Where do you plan on going to college?" She asked.

Fitz thought for a second. "Honestly, I haven't put much thought into it—which is really stupid since I'm a senior next year. I'll either stay around here, or maybe go to London."