TWENTY-TWO

"So, what's today's activity?" Sophie asked Alvar as they all walked down to the beach the next morning.

"You'll see," He said with a smile—and Sophie wondered what was with Vacker's and their surprises.

As they walked, Sophie tried to think of a conversation starter—she didn't really know Alvar that well, but she could tell he was a cool guy.

"So...did you ever get your thirty dollar boat back?" She asked—which probably wasn't the safest way to go, but it was too late now.

Alvar laughed. "Nope—when I went to that beach, it was gone. So Fitz's owes me another boat."

Sophie bit her lip. "It was kind of my fault too,"

Alvar shook his head. "Nah—you didn't know any better, but Fitz gets away with everything wrong he does, so sometimes he needs to pay for his mistakes."

Sophie couldn't help but feel that that was a little bit mean—but she didn't say anything about it since she wanted to stay on Alvar's good side.

They got to the beach, and the first thing Sophie saw was a white speedboat. On the side of the speedboat was VACKER in big, bold words.

"Where'd that come from?" She asked.

"We've had it for a while," Biana told her as they walked closer to the boat. "We just keep it in the garage until we need it."

Sophie nodded before Alden helped them all into the boat. Then he started the motor and they drove farther across the ocean.

"So can someone please tell me what we're doing," Sophie said with a sigh.

Fitz grinned before saying," We're going parasailing," He pointed to the multi-colored sail floating in the air on the other side of the boat. "It's super fun."

Sophie believed him—even though she was kind of terrified. But why should she be? She rode a plane all the way to Hawaii, so what was a little parasailing?

"Alright," Della said. "Pick your pairs."

"I call Alvar!" Biana announced, hooking her arm through her bothers and giving Sophie a knowing look.

"I guess I call Fitz," Sophie said, smiling at him.

"Alright—Biana, Alvar, you're first." Della said, motioning for them to follow her toward the multi-colored sail.

She hooked it up to the boat and then gave both Biana and Alvar life-jackets. The life jackets had little hooks on them so when Alvar and Biana sat at the edge of the boat, Della hooked the hooks to the sail. Then after asking them in they were ready, she let loose the thing that was holding the cord, and Biana and Alvar went backward and into the air.

Biana screamed like she'd never done it before, and Alvar laughed. Alden sped the boat up so now they were flying even faster through the air.

Sophie thought it looked super fun.

Alvar and Biana stayed up there for a long time, and Sophie wondered when she'd get to do it—which sounded a little selfish, but Sophie was a little impatient.

After forty more minutes, Della brought back the cord and Alvar and Biana slowly came back to the boat.

"I get terrified every time," Biana said when they got back on the boat. "And every time I also see something new." She took off her life-jacket and handed it to Sophie. "Your turn!"