TWENTY-FIVE

I LOVE this chapter!!!!

Getting ready for the party the next day was a lot of work.

Biana and Alvar were put on decorating duty, Alden and Fitz cooked all the food, and Della wanted Sophie to help her pass out the invites.

"That way," Della had told her. "You can meet some people and know them if you come back to Hawaii next year."

They drove around all of Honolulu, and at every house Della introduced Sophie to the people who lived there. There were so many people, Sophie barley remembered faces or names—even though she had a photographic memory.

When they finally got back, the house had lights all over it and the inside also had a large assortment lights. It kind of reminded Sophie of Christmas—which was super weird.

"Why're there so many lights?" Sophie asked Biana when they got inside.

Biana smiled. "Because one year we had a big black-out and so we used the wireless lights so people wouldn't have to go home early—now we do it every year as a precaution."

Sophie nodded before letting Biana go back to work. She walked outside to find Alden grilling different foods, and Fitz was a few feet away from him.

So Sophie walked over and sat down beside him. "Aren't you supposed to be cooking too?" She asked.

Fitz smiled before whispering, "My dad's a control freak, so he's not letting me do anything,"

Sophie grinned. "Then maybe you should've gone with your mom," She said. "There were so many people, and it kind of made my head hurt,"

They both laughed, and Sophie couldn't wait for the party tonight.

§§§

People started arriving around six o'clock, and Biana turned her room around trying to find something for Sophie to wear.

"You didn't bring anything party-worthy," Biana said after looking through Sophie's suitcase. "So you're going to borrow something of mine for tonight,"

"Can't I just wear some shorts and a t-shirt?" Sophie asked, trying to pick up her clothes that had been thrown all over the floor from Biana's rampage.

"No way!" Biana said, dragging Sophie into her closet and pushing a pale yellow summer dress into her arms. "Wear that," She said before shutting the door.

Sophie rolled her eyes as she changed into the dress. She walked out of the closet to find Biana dressed in a sleeveless, pink dress.

"It looks great Sophie," Biana said with a smile. "Now time for your hair,"

Sophie shook her head. "Nope—you've already forced yourself upon my hair before; it doesn't need to happen again."

"When did I do that?" Biana asked, tilting her head.

"The first day of school," Sophie said, remembering the day very vividly.

"Oh yeah," Biana said with a smile. "We were changing for P.E. and Maruca and I..." Suddenly Biana's smile faded, and she was quiet for a very long time.

"Biana...?" Sophie said, wishing her friend would stop thinking about Maruca so much.

Biana shook her head, snapping out of the trance she'd been in. "Sorry—anyway...just, at least put it in a bun,"