TWENTY-FOUR

Later that day, Alden and Della said they had a surprise for the four of them. And Sophie wondered once again:

What was with Vacker's and their surprises?!

They got in the car and drove for what felt like hours and hours, but stopped at a building that reminded Sophie of the dancing place in the movie Lilo & Stitch.

And when they got out of the car, Sophie realized that it was a dancing place. In that moment, Sophie knew that the next few minutes would be the most embarrassing and unhappy moments of her life.

"Yay, we get to dance!" Biana said, jumping for joy as they walked toward the front door.

"Not just any dance," Della said as Alden knocked on the door. "We're going to learn how to Hula."

Fitz and Biana looked very excited, but Sophie and Alvar looked less than pleased.

Soon, the door opened and a women dressed in a full Hawaiian outfit let them in. "Please take your shoes off," She said when they all came into the room. "Hula dancing is always done barefoot."

Everyone proceeded to take their shoes off, and then the lady lined them up in an order. Alvar, Alden, and Della were in the back, and Sophie, Fitz and Biana were in the front.

"Now," The lady said, smiling at each of them. "You're going to stand with one knee bent and the other straight—but make sure you're comfortable."

Sophie did what the lady said, but almost fell down in the process.

"Then you step to the right with your right foot," The lady continued. "And then bring the left leg to the right leg without sliding."

They all did that motion and it seemed easy enough.

"Then you repeat that again before doing the same thing, but on the opposite side," The lady said, watching each of them closely.

So far the dancing was pretty easy—the main part Sophie was worried about was putting it all together.

"Then as you do those moves—we have to sway your hips back and forth to the beat of the music," She said, giving them an example—and she made it look so easy.

Sophie tried it a couple times—and she probably looked like a chicken with its head cut off—but she was honestly pretty impressed that she'd gotten this far without falling over.

"And remember!" The lady said as they danced. "Keep your knee's bent; it helps the sway of the hips,"

Biana, Della, Alden, and Fitz were dancing like pros—but Sophie and Alvar were having a little trouble.

"Last step," The woman said. "You will bring your hand up to your chest—palm facing down—and then your other arm will be extended all the way out like you are gracefully reaching for something,"

Ha! Sophie was a graceful as a bull in a China shop.

"Then as you change which way you will go, you will change the way your hands go. If you're moving your feet left, your left arm will be at your chest and vice versa." The lady finished. Then she played some cool music and everyone had to dance to it.

Sophie probably tripped three times, but she survived enough to get back in the car when it was all over.

"My feet are killing me," Sophie said as he put her shoes back on.

"Mine too," Biana said, doing the same thing. "But that was really fun,"

"Tell you what," Della said, turning to Sophie and Biana. "Why not us girls go get a pedicure and the boys go get a massage at the mall—then we'll meet at the fountain after we're done?"