FOUR

When Sophie got to school the next day, she was bombarded by people. Some of them Sophie had never seen. They all said, "You're my hero!" or "Sophie you're so cool!"

And she was very confused.

"What is going on?" She asked as she finally got to the freshman atrium after morning announcements.

"You haven't heard?" Biana asked as she and Marella met up with Sophie.

"Heard what?"

Marella smiled. "Check your Instagram,"

Sophie rolled her eyes before sitting at one of the plush, blue couches and opening her Instagram to find a video of Sophie's showdown with Stina from yesterday.

And the caption read: Stina finally got put in her place!

"Who did this?" Sophie asked, peering at the video.

Marella shrugged. "I don't know—it was posted on the school's Insta story. And on their Facebook, Twitter, Snapchat—"

Sophie raised an eyebrow before cutting Marella off. "Are you sure you didn't post it on the schools website?"

Marella held up her hands as she shook her head. "No way—I'm terrible with hacking, how would I be able to do that?"

"Dex," Both Sophie and Biana said plainly.

Marella shook her head again. "It wasn't me—and how on earth would I get Dex to listen to me?"

"You could've blackmailed him," Sophie said, putting away her phone.

Marella huffed, rolling her eyes. "Well I didn't. I won't deny that I thought about taking a video—but you can look through my phone. There's no video of the showdown anywhere. I swear on flying Tacos."

That caused the three of them to burst into laughter—but it was short-lived because the intercom beeped on and Mr. Leto's voice echoed through the atrium.

"Sophie Foster, please report to my office immediately—thank you."

Sophie sighed and rolled her eyes at Biana and Marella as they whispered, "Good luck,"

Dame Alina's old office had been completely transformed. It no longer had mirrors in every corner, and it looked a lot stiffer instead of cozy.

Plus, Mr. Leto now sat behind the ginormous desk.

"Have a seat Miss Foster," He said, nodding to the chair in front on the desk.

Sophie sat down. She'd finally gotten used to being scared of Dame Alina—and now she had to be scared all over again.

"Do you know about this?" He asked, pulling out his phone, setting it down on the desk, and playing the showdown video.

Sophie gulped. "Yes sir,"

"Do you know how it happened to appear on the school's social media?" He leaned forward, looking unwaveringly at Sophie.

Sophie shook her head. "I didn't even know it was videoed,"

Mr. Leto leaned back in his chair, grabbing back his phone and turning it off. "Miss Foster," He started, letting out a sigh. "If you can promise me that next time someone picks on any of your friends you'll tell an adult, then I'll forget this ever happened. Are we in agreement?"

Sophie wanted to argue that the deal was totally unfair, but she sighed and nodded.

"Thank you," Mr. Leto said. "You may go to class."

Sophie got up and walked as fast as she could away from that office and to the drama room. Though she had a hunch that wouldn't be her last time going in there.

§§§

"Everyone give them a round of applause for their excellent performance," Mr. T said as Sophie's group had finished their assignment.

She'd been a little late to class, so their group had to go last—but they still did good all the same.

"Now," Mr. T said. "You can all have free time—but I want you to keep in mind that you have a very big project due by the end of the month."

"So did you really show Stina up in the Locker room yesterday?" Tam asked as they sat down in their usual spot. "Or was it fake?"

"Nope, it was real," Sophie said with a sigh as she took out some extra Biology work and started working on it.

"Nice," Tam said with a wicked smile. "Who knew you could actually be mean?"

Biana laughed. "Sophie can be very mean," Then she turned to Sophie. "I never thanked you for saying that to Stina—you really are a good friend,"

"Of course," Sophie said with a shrug.

"So what are you and Fitz going to do on Friday?" Linh asked after a few seconds of awkward silence.

"Um, we're going to see a movie, get something to eat, and then go roller-skating." Sophie told her, deciding to put up the work and pay attention to people for once.

Linh nodded. "That's sounds very fun,"

"It better be," Biana said with a smile. "Otherwise, I'm going to make Fitz take you to get some ice cream at the beach as compensation."

Sophie shook her head, a small laugh in her tone. "I think it'll be fun,"

Tam groaned. "Can we stop talking about dates and crushes and just people in general? It's making me sick,"

Linh nudged him. "That's just because you're scared we're going to ask you who you like." She looked at Sophie and Biana. "I'll give you guys a hint: they're in this room,"

"Linh, stop!" Tam groaned, his face turning pink.

"Who?" Biana asked. "Is it Sophie?"

Linh shook her head. "Tam prefers brunettes,"

Tam groaned some more—causing the girls to laugh a whole lot, until it was time to go to their next class.

Sophie said goodbye, hugging her friends before making her way to Biology class, where she sat next to Dex as he rambled about video games and cool pranks.

But Sophie wasn't paying that much attention, because her mind was more fixed on Friday.

Would Fitz actually tell her he liked her, or would it take him forever to say anything?

Would their date be sweet and fun, or would it end in utter disaster?

Sophie definitely hoped the former for each set of questions.