TWENTY-THREE

It was now Friday, and Sophie couldn't wait for tomorrow. She had no idea why, but a party sounded super fun. She'd had a wonderful time in Hawaii so far, and she couldn't think of what else they'd get to do next week.

"So what kind of party is it?" Sophie asked Biana as they watched TV in the living room.

Everyone else went to the mall, and Sophie and Biana were doomed to stay behind in the very boring house.

"Well," Biana started. "Over the years we've met people in Hawaii—so five years ago we decided to invite those people to our house for a friendly party. Every year the number of people grow—though this year we didn't really meet anyone, so maybe it'll be the same as last year."

"That's cool," Sophie said.

They turned their attention back to the TV and watched the movie for a few more minutes before getting bored.

They tried to fix themselves lunch, but it turned out that neither of them were good cooks. So that plan was a bust.

Then they tried to make arts and crafts, but all they achieved was cutting up some colored paper and gluing it together; creating a hodgepodge of colors.

"It could be uglier," Sophie said, staring at their creation.

Biana pouted. "Yeah—but it could also be prettier. Time to add sparkles!" She lathered glue all over their papers and then poured a whole bottle of purple, pink, and blue sparkles on it.

"Now we just let it dry," Sophie said—though she was fairly certain that when it did, you'd only be able to see the sparkles, and not the paper.

After cleaning up their mess, they decided to find some hair coloring so they could color Fitz's hair blue when he got home.

They found some in Della's bathroom and brought it into Biana's room—and only ten minutes later, the mall-goers came through the door, and Biana and Sophie dragged Fitz into the bathroom and started coloring each piece of his hair.

He complained the whole time, but Sophie and Biana just laughed and teased him. It might've been the most fun she'd had that whole trip—even though the two-hour boat trip had been really funny.

"Now," Biana said, grabbing a shower cap and putting it over Fitz's head. "You have to keep that on for a while. Then you need to take a shower, and then voila! We'll soon have a new and improved Fitzroy Avery Vacker!"

Sophie had no idea that was Fitz's full name, but she decided not to point it out. After all, she knew now.

§§§

"Alright!" Biana announced after checking her watch. "It is time for you to take a shower Fitz!"

Fitz groaned before going into his bathroom and slamming the door behind him.

"Wow," Biana said with a giggle. "Moody much?"

"Nah—he's just reminiscing about when Sophie beat him," Alvar said, not looking up from his phone. "I told you; he's a sore loser."

"I can hear you!" Fitz called from his bathroom. After all, they were standing right outside his bedroom door.

After Fitz took his rather lengthy shower, he took thirty minutes to get dressed before coming out of his room.

"You can barely see it," Alvar said, looking confused.

Biana rolled her eyes. "That's because it's still wet—Fitz follow me," She grabbed Fitz's hand and dragged him to her bathroom.