SEVENTEEN

Sophie was extremely excited when she woke up at seven o'clock on Sunday morning. Grady and Edaline were supposed to drive her to the airport—where the rest of the Vacker's were going to be waiting—then they'd get on the plane at eight o'clock, and then they'd arrive at Hawaii around one o'clock that afternoon.

Sophie skipped to her closet and picked out a purple t-shirt with some leggings. She also grabbed a hoodie—just in case it was cold on the plane. She put on her flip-flops before walking into her bathroom and brushing her hair and teeth.

Then Sophie grabbed her suitcase and headed down stairs to find Grady and Edaline already eating breakfast.

"Are you ready?" Grady asked, sliding Sophie plate of blueberry muffins.

Sophie nodded as she took a bite of the muffin. "I'm also a little scared, but that's just because I haven't been on an airplane in twelve years—and I don't even remember it."

Grady and Edaline chuckled, probably remembering when they had to get on a plane to bring Sophie home from the adoption center.

After eating another muffin, Sophie was reading to go. They all got into the car and drove thirty minutes to the airport.

When they got inside the building, Sophie immediately spotted Fitz's beautiful teal eyes—and he looked at her too. But before she walked over to him, she turned to Grady and Edaline and wrapped them into a long and tight hug.

"I'll see you guys in a few weeks," She said, telling herself not to cry.

"Oh, we're going to miss you Sophie," Edaline said, squeezing Sophie tightly. "But just remember that we'll be waiting for you when you get back, alright?"

Sophie nodded, giving both of her parents a kiss before walking over to Fitz. "I'm here," She said, basically falling into the hug her offered her.

"Ah, so this is your mysterious girlfriend,"

The voice made Sophie squirm away from Fitz and look over to the right. Standing beside Biana was a tall guy with dark brown hair, pale skin, and cobalt blue eyes.

"Yes," Fitz said with a smile. "Alvar, this is Sophie. Sophie, this is my brother, Alvar."

Alvar held out his hand and Sophie shook it back. "It's nice to meet you—I've heard lots about you,"

Sophie blushed and she saw Fitz do the same. But Fitz quickly recovered when his face perked up.

"Hey guess what?" He said with a grin.

"What?" Sophie asked.

Fitz reached into his pocket and pulled out two tickets and handed them to Sophie with a wide smile.

Sophie took one of the tickets and looked at it—and when she did she saw that at the top it said: Flight 320—FIRST CLASS.

"Really?" Sophie asked, a laugh in her voice.

Fitz nodded. "And our family gets it all to ourselves—it's going to be great,"

Sophie opened her mouth, but was cut off when Alden and Della came over with wide smiles on their faces.

"Sophie," Della said, giving her a hug. "It wonderful to see you again,"

"You too," Sophie said, hugging her back. "Thank you for letting me come,"

"Of course," Alden said with a smile. "We're pleased to have you come with us,"

Sophie smiled right as a voice came through a speaker and said: "Flight 320, please board your plane at this time. Flight 320, please board your plane at this time."