TWENTY

Sophie had spent a whole week in Hawaii when that Sunday came rolling around. So now she only had two more weeks left in the island of paradise.

Last weekend, Sophie had gone on lots of long walks with Fitz, gotten a tan with Biana, and she and Alvar talked about movie's they'd liked. Even though Sophie wanted to savor her time in Hawaii, she couldn't help but be excited for next Saturday because there was going to be a really cool party that was supposedly really cool.

At the moment, they were driving to a place called The Groove Hawaii—which was a apparently a cool Go-kart place. (I use the word cool too much 😂)

"I lose every time," Biana told her as they rode there.

"Really?" Sophie asked. "Who usually wins?"

Alvar laughed. "There's no usually about it. Fitz always wins," 

Fitz shrugged. "I can't help it," He said. "I'm just a naturally good driver—it's not my fault you guys are inferior."

Biana scoffed at her brother. "Ha! I bet Sophie will leave you in the dust,"

Sophie opened her mouth, but Fitz spoke before her. "Oh, so we're betting now?"

"Yep!" Biana said. "I bet that Sophie will beat you at Go-karting—and if she does I get to dye your hair blue, and if she loses, you can dye my hair—"

"Green?" Fitz finished. "And we have to keep it on until we get back? Deal!"

The two siblings shook on it, and Sophie groaned. "I can't believe you two are betting your hair on me." She said, rubbing her temples. "Do you know how stupid that is?"

"We do it all the time," Biana said with a shrug. "Do you remember the time that Fitz came to school with his hands colored red?"

Sophie slowly nodded. "Yeah,"

"Well that was because he lost a bet," She explained.

Sophie buried her face in her hands. "Even so—I'm a clumsy as a fish out of water."

Fitz smiled. "Hear that Biana? You're going to lose this bet!"

Sophie glared at Fitz—which caused him to shrink in his seat—and Sophie decided that she would not let Biana lose this bet. She could live with Fitz having blue hair for a little while.

After a few more minutes of bickering, they finally arrived at the Go-kart place. They all got out of the car and Della talked to a lady, and soon they were dressed in gear and given a kart. Fitz's kart's number was one, Biana had two, Alvar had three, and Sophie had number four—which meant she was in the very back.

"How am I supposed to win when I'm the very last?" Sophie asked Biana as they walked to get in their karts.

Biana laughed. "It's not about your position, it's just about how good you are. It also has a lot to do with strategy—which is probably why I lose a lot of the time,"

Sophie nodded before getting into her kart, but Biana followed her and explained how everything worked.

"We get three laps before it's over—and whoever passes the finish line first on the third go-around wins," She said with a nod. "Do you understand?"

Sophie nodded, letting out a shaky breath. It wasn't that she didn't remember, she was just super nervous and afraid that after this Fitz would win his bragging rights.