CHAPTER 3

Chapter three | the cab driver

"Are you okay, sir?" The cab driver asked xiao zhan worriedly, looking at the rear mirror.

Xiao zhan looks back at the rear mirror as their eyes met, Xiao zhan gave him a reassuring smile.

"Yes, I'm just having a small headache." Xiao zhan answered.

The can driver diverted his stares to xiao zhan and focused on the road and keep the safety of his passenger.

The driver felt his anxiousness rose up every minute passes by but he didn't showed it to his passenger as he keep driving to their destination with a minimum speed.

The cab driver glanced at the rear mirror and saw his passenger was leaning his body back to the his seat, lifting his arms to his face.

The cab driver immediately looks away, secretly spraying something inside of his cab that someone gave him to use for his passenger. He took a tissue and cover his nose without his passenger noticing it

He continue driving with a low speed while waited for five minutes before glancing back at his rear mirror and saw his passenger lost his consciousness.

The cab driver was having a mini heart attack, his hands begins to trembled as he stops his car on the side road and tried to calm himself.

when he felt that he was already calm and ready to face someone, he turned his cab to the other direction where someone asked him to bring his passenger to that place.

"He's not dead, right? I didn't kill him, right?" He asked worriedly at the man in front of him.

He didn't want to do this but he also need money to support his family, driving a cab everyday is not enough to sustain his family's needs.

The man in front of him fixed his black sunglasses and released a deep chuckle before he nodded.

The cab driver was more terrified on what will Happened to him after this transaction as he suddenly kneeled at the man, "I don't want to go to jail, My family needs me." He pleaded as his eyes begins to watered.

"You're safe, I already cleared your name. Just don't tell this to others, close your mouth and keep it a secret. But if ever you will tell this to others, I will find you." The man said with a stoic face and calm demeanor.

The cab driver immediately bowed repeatedly at him, "thank you! Thank you!"

"You just did your job, stand up" The man answered.

The cab driver immediately stands up as the man handed him a white small envelope.

He slowly reaches it and opened as he saw a big amount of money inside, his eyes widened.

"Where is he?" The man said, looking at the cab driver from his back sunglasses.

The can driver looks up at the man. "He was unconscious inside." He said.

The man just hummed in response, walking to the cab and opened the door for the backseat.

The man saw xiao zhan laying unconsciously behind as he let out a small smile before reaching xiao zhan and carry him to his arms.

The cab driver trembled at his spot when he saw the man walking back with his unconsciously passenger on his arms.

"You can go. Remember what I said." The man said as he stops in front of the cab driver.

The cab driver nodded before sprinting back to his cab.

Xiao zhan opened his eyes and let it travelled around the corner, he was still having a headache that almost made his head split up.

Xiao zhan realized that he wasn't in the place that he should go, instead he was inside of a unfamiliar room.

He sat up on the bed, holding his head as the tried to remember everything.

"You're awake." A voice suddenly spoke.

Xiao zhan looks at the side and saw a man with a black suit, sitting on the black furry chair while swirling a wine glass on his hands.

Xiao zhan's eyes widened in shocked.

"W-what the h-------"

The man chuckled and walked to the bed. "Hi, xiao zhan. I'm wang yibo, can I call you baby?"

What the hell just happened?!

EDITED: MARCH 20, 2021