11 - Things were starting to click into place."

"Seriously, Wes

"Seriously, Wes. Are you trying to kill me?"

It had been almost a year since I sat out in the middle of the ocean. The boys had their fishing rods cast out into the distance, waiting patiently to see if anything would bite today.

Wesley was the only person in our group to own a boat. If we could even call it that. Trying to fit six people onto a small dinghy was no easy feat.

Moments ago, Wesley had cast his line, the hook merely missing Tea's head.

"I did tell you to duck," he defends, snickering.

"Oh, so therefore it's okay that you almost put a hook in my face?"

Dory and Cameron try to muffle their laughter, despite their shoulders shaking.

"I hate you guys," she groans. "And I hate that you made me come with you. You do realise that fishing is not a very humane thing. Fish have feelings too."

"Here we go," Dory mumbles.

Teagan sighs, shaking her head. "I don't get the appeal of fishing. I never will."

"That's because you're Teagan the vegan," Wesley comments, grinning at her.

"I swear—"

"Can we just enjoy the sunshine peacefully?" I suggest.

Cameron rolls his eyes. "Like that will ever happen."

"It could happen if you all shut the hell up," Teagan snaps.

She pulls her sunglasses off her head, placing them over her eyes. She leans back, her head turned up the sky.

I turn back to my phone which I had been staring at before being rudely interrupted.

I was currently looking at the picture I'd taken of the note from mum's case file. The note that was supposedly meant to be in her handwriting.

I tilt the screen, like doing that may hold the answer. I frown, sighing. "What's up with you?" Ryan comments, eyebrow cocked.

"This," I turn my phone to face him before sharing it around the rest of the group.