37 - "It's about your mother, CeCe."

"I can't— I can't believe you didn't tell me

"I can't— I can't believe you didn't tell me."

Another day, another shift at the surf shop. I hadn't expected to work today, but Wanda is off sick and wanted to know if Tea and I would be able to cover it. I had agreed apprehensively, knowing I'd have to tell Teagan the truth.

"I know," I whisper, my eyes focused on the view in front of me, the waves crashing along the shore. They aren't good enough for the surf today, but that doesn't stop those addicted to the ocean, needing the high.

"You were dating Rhys Laderman," Teagan walks into my view, her blonde hair blocking the sand and sea. "And you didn't tell me. And now you've broken up with him. And you also nearly gave Ryan a blo—"

"Okay, okay," I cringe. "I know. I'm the worst."

"That isn't what I meant," she softens, placing her hand over mine on the desk. "I just wish you had told me, is all."

"I'm telling you now, though."

Tea gives me a sceptical look, rolling her eyes. "You're— you were Rhys's girlfriend for weeks now, though. Weeks. And you told him you loved him. That's a big deal. I wish I had known sooner," she pouts.

"I'm sorry," I whisper. "I know I should have told you. I was going to. I promise. I was going to tell all of you at the election. But...well, you know."

I told her everything this morning. She had collected the key that Wanda had left in her letterbox when I had walked over from Ryan's, wearing the same outfit I had been wearing all of yesterday. Which was slightly gross, seeing as I had barely missed vomiting on it last night.

As we'd walked, I told her everything. She'd had to stop every five seconds to process my words. She almost lost her balance when I'd said that I'd been dating Rhys and then she'd fallen over when I'd said he'd written the note. She hadn't been able to get back up for three minutes when I told her I'd almost slept with Ryan.

"I guess it doesn't matter now," she sighs. "I can't believe so much happened in one night, though. What. The. Fuck."

"My words exactly," I mumble, picking at my cuticles.