20 - "Nothing is going on between us"

"What the hell, CeCe?"

I officially had a concussion. Rhys had dragged me out of his vomit-stenched car, along with a begrudged Lucas. If it wasn't for the fact that I felt like utter crap, I probably would have been embarrassed that I'd left a nice little upchuck pile in Rovey.

The nearest hospital to New River was almost a half-hour drive out of town, which meant that we'd had to drive with the windows rolled down, trying to rid the god-awful smell.

Lucas had kept his head out of the car the entire ride here, cursing me and Rhys for ruining his night. To be honest, as much as I despised the guy, I felt slightly bad that he had been forced to ride to the hospital with us. If the roles were reversed, I wouldn't want to come either.

So, here I was. Staying in the hospital for overnight observation. With a very angry Teagan glaring back at me from the end of the bed.

"Don't be mad," I cringe.

She sighs, placing a hand on her hip. When Teagan got really angry, the boys were afraid of her. I'd never really been on the tail end of her wrath, but right now, I felt as if I might be.

"It's too late for that," she glares, gritting her teeth. "Why would you get on Lucas Winter's boat in the first place?"

"Uh...free food?" I smile sheepishly at her.

When we had got here, Rhys had asked me if I needed to call anyone. Obviously, there was a high chance my dad was intoxicated and unable to drive, that the boys would literally kill me and then Rhys for what happened, which left the only reliable person in my life. Even if I did know she'd get mad.

"You're hopeless," she groans. "Free food? Really?"

She perches at the end of my bed, shaking her head. "You could have been seriously hurt."

"But I wasn't," I reassure her. "It's just a concussion, nothing to worry about."

Her withering glare makes me shut my mouth. Teagan was angry at me and when she got angry, it was better to keep quiet.